Thread: Thinkvantage Fingerprint Software and Fingerprint sensor not working on Lenovo ThinkPad t500

Thinkvantage Fingerprint Software and Fingerprint sensor not working on Lenovo ThinkPad t500

I am using windows XP operating system on Lenovo ThinkPad t500 laptop. In my laptop I have installed Thinkvantage Fingerprint Software which is supported by Sophos Safeguard Enterprise. I am having problem with the finger print sensor as it is does not detect anything. Thus the thing I want i.e. to provide security which can be unlocked by sensing my finger prints. So what shall I do so that I be able to work with this finger print sensor.

Re: Thinkvantage Fingerprint Software and Fingerprint sensor not working on Lenovo ThinkPad t500

The very basic thing that you need to check is that in order to work with this finger print sensor you need to look that appropriate driver are installed for it. So just go to device manager and then from the dialog you have to go through the list. Then if you see a yellow mark around that hardware list then you need a particular driver for this. So just go to its official site and then download the same on your laptop and then check now whether it works.

Re: Thinkvantage Fingerprint Software and Fingerprint sensor not working on Lenovo ThinkPad t500

Definitely driver is needed in order to work with the finger print sensor, so just install the same on your computer. Just as it haves driver then you need to have a software called Thinkvantage Fingerprint which is also essential one. So just confirm that you have both these software’s on your laptop. If you have the same then always have a updated version of that and then I guess it would help you to work with the finger print sensor.

Well thanks for giving me quick reply for my query. According to the solution given I have installed this software’s on my laptop. When I went to device manager then my finger print sensor was not listing. Then after installation of these downloaded files, the finger print sensor was fine. I thought that my problem have been solved so when I moved fingers through the device then I got a message saying communication cannot be done with sensor. So what to do now to get rid of this problem.

I think that you are getting this message on your laptop because the sensor is not ready. So in order to solve the problem, you need to do some settings in BIOS. So restart your laptop and get inside the BIOS and there you have to make security mode to normal, then reader priority to external and you need to enable predesktop authentication after doing all this settings save all of these and then boot normally and check whether it works.