Thread: Google Talk Settings for HTC Flyer

Google Talk Settings for HTC Flyer

Well I have just bought a HTC Phone. I got a HTC flyer. There are so many features in it. I am just new to that phone so I don’t know much about the phone features. I am a college student so basically I keep on accessing on internet. I use it for Chat on facebook, yahoo, Google etc. I keep on chatting with my friends. I have all my friends on Google and they come for chat through Google chat. I have Google talk Application in my phone. I was just trying to access it but I was not able to. Please help me regarding my problem. Thanks In advance.

Re: Google Talk Settings for HTC Flyer

According to your query, we will surely help you on this. Google Talk is basically instant messaging program. It lets you communicate with other people that also use Google Talk. If you signed in to your Google Account when you first set up HTC Flyer, you are already signed in to Google Talk. When you are Chatting with a friend, when you open Google Talk, tap a friend in the Friends list. Then enter your message in the text box. After that you can also insert a smiley by pressing the button, and then tapping More > Insert smiley> Tap Send>. By doing that your are able to get connected to your friends.

That was the configuration part to get started with Google chat. If you want add any friend or accept a chat invitation in Google talk then you have to just follow the above steps. A friend sends you a Google Talk message, you receive a notification. There entry in the Friend list displays the message. Later In the Friends list, tap the friend who sent you the invitation to chat. Open the Notifications panel, and then tap the chat notification. Then you will be able to add and chat with them. You can also change your status and profile picture. Go in Google Talk's Friends list; tap your name to open the Set Status screen. Then enter your new status message, or press back button to choose a custom status from the list. Then Tap the online status beside your picture, and then select the status you want on the menu. Then select your picture, and then do one of the following: (1) Tap Remove to remove your photo, or (2) Tap Change to select another picture. Then select Tap Done.

When your are done with adding photo. After that for adding and managing friends. We need to go in Google Talk's Friends list, you can Invite a friend by (1) Pressing Select button, and then tap Add friend. (2) Enter the Google Talk instant messaging ID or Gmail address of the friend you want to add. Then (1) Tap Send invitation >>View all friends. Initially, only those friends that you often chat with are shown in the Friends list. To view all your friends, press Select button, and then tap all friends. To view only friends that you often chat with, press Select button, and then tap most popular. Make a friend popular by Press Select button, and then tap all friends. Then Press and hold a friend’s name and then tap always show friend. To Block a friend from sending you messages. When blocked, your friend is removed from the Friends list and is added to the Blocked friends list. Press Select button, and then tap all friends and Press and hold a friend’s name, and then tap Block friend. To Unblock a friend press select and then tap More > Blocked. To invite more friends just press Select and then tap More > Invites. Friends who have not yet accepted your invitation are listed on the screen. This is the way you can manage your all Google talk setting in your HTC flyer phone.