Thread: Lenovo Ideapad z560 laptop is running slow

Lenovo Ideapad z560 laptop is running slow

Hello everyone. Few weeks back I had purchased the Lenovo Ideapad Z560 laptop for home use. I got this laptop as it is having the latest next generation Intel core i5 processor and it was supposed to be running very fast. But in my case, the situation is completely opposite as my laptop is running super slow, don’t know why. Does anyone have got any idea what is the issue with my laptop and what I need to do in order get proper speed as expected? Please help me.

Re: Lenovo Ideapad z560 laptop is running slow

I am not sure about this thing, but many of my friends have been using Lenovo laptops from sometimes, and they have mentioned it many times that there is some kind of performance settings in your laptop which can help you optimize your laptops performance. You can find these Performance settings on the Power management section in your laptop. Make sure you changing the settings as per your requirements. Once done with the settings, reboot your system to bring the changes into effect.

There can be many reasons behind this unusual behavior in your laptop. Your laptop can also show degradation in its performance, if you have not installed all the necessary drivers in your laptop. So, I would recommend you to make sure that you have installed all the drivers in your laptop. Also make sure that you have optimized your system by always performing complete scan of your system. This will make sure that you have kept your system free from virus attack.

I am also using the same laptop from last 6 months and I did not faced any such issue while using the laptop. I am using a Z560 with core i3, and it is NOT slow. But I can suggest you something that could help you. You should try performing system restore in your Lenovo laptop and restore your laptop to its factory settings. This will surely solve your issue. You can perform system restore by using the One key Recovery button which is provided in all the Lenovo laptops. Make sure that you have taken back-up of all the important files.

It might be possible that your Windows is not updated enough and that is why you are facing the issue. So, it would be better if you first make sure that you have installed all the necessary updates for your windows Operating system which you are running in your Lenovo laptop. Also make sure that you have updated all the software which you have installed in your system. Once you have performed all this things, you will surely find your system performing little better then what it used to perform before.

I also faced this issue and the reason for mine was Windows update being set on Automatic. Thus making my system automatically download the updates and continuously keep on installing them in my system in background. This process used to consume most of my CPU resources, thus automatically making my system slow. So, according to me, you might have also kept your Automatic Update On, thus making your system slow. So, I would recommend you to, change the same setting into notify me, before installing the update. This will allow the system to ask for your permission before actually installing the updates.

Thank you, guys for your inputs. I figured out the main culprit which was creating the issue of slow performance in my laptop. And it was nothing but outdated Windows software and drivers installed in my system. So, as you people suggested, I made sure that, I am installing all the updates of my system drivers and also updated my Windows software. But as someone suggested that keeping Automatic Update On can also slow down the system, I have selected Notify me before actually downloading and installing any new updates. All these things have proved to increase the speed of my system to a considerable amount.