Thread: Audio driver for Windows XP running Lenovo G560 laptop

Audio driver for Windows XP running Lenovo G560 laptop

Hey guys please, help me. Its damn urgent. I am running windows XP operating system in my Lenovo G560 laptop from last 6 months. Recently I formatted my system to install both Windows XP and Windows 7 OS in my laptop. But now, I remember that I don’t have any audio drivers for my laptop. I don’t know where to find the drivers, which would be fixing my issue. Please, if anyone have got any knowledge, where I can get the proper audio drivers for my Lenovo G560 laptop, than please help me.

Re: Audio driver for Windows XP running Lenovo G560 laptop

Dude, you should use the drivers CD which you had received along with your laptop, when you had purchased your Lenovo G560 laptop. Make sure that you are using the original drivers CD to install the drivers, rather than using any other files. If you are unable to find the drivers CD, then I would suggest you to contact the retailer from whom you purchased the laptop and get the necessary drivers CD from him and install the audio drivers in your system. Once you have installed the drivers, restart your system.

I searched for your Lenovo G560 laptop’s specification and came across the fact that your laptop requires conexant audio drivers for Windows XP. So for the conexant audio driver’s I would suggest you to contact the nearest Lenovo store and get the latest available original drivers CD for your Lenovo G560 laptop. This updated drivers CD will be containing all the necessary drivers for your laptop, including the conexant audio drivers.

Before installing the drivers, I would suggest you to make sure that you have kept your Windows updated. Now, visit the official website of Lenovo and go to the support and download link. Once you reached the following section in the Lenovo website, search and download the necessary drivers for your laptop. Install the conexant audio drivers in your laptop, using the downloaded setup file and on completion, restart your system to complete the setup.

Thank you, guys, for showing so much interest in solving my issue. It was very kind of you guys, to do so. I went through your suggestions and started trying them one after another. As I was not having the Drivers CD, I visited the Lenovo store and purchased the original drivers CD and tried installing the audio drivers in my system. But while installing the drivers, I was getting the following error of “problem with audio media”. I am confused what to do. Please help me. Your suggestions will surely be appreciated.

According to me, you should cross check your system. Make sure that all the hardware peripherals are installed properly in your system. According to me the issue might be occurring because of some missing software support. Make sure that you have installed the latest Net framework 3.5 in your system. Also make sure that you have kept your BIOS updated. For more assistance, you should visit the official website of Lenovo and try getting support from there.

The issue which you are facing seems to be very weird to me. So, the best solution according to me, which would help you solve your issue is searching for good computer Store in the nearby area and submitting your laptop there to get it fixed. If you are finding Lenovo store, then it would be the best for your laptop. As the Lenovo technical staff will be prove to be more handy while getting your issue with Lenovo laptop solved.