Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-06-2011

Is Droid X unofficial Roms are enough stable

Hi,

I had recently purchased the Droid X phone and planning to modify the rom. But for that I had some doubts. I had noticed that the ROM of Droid has some issue with unofficial updates. What if the phone does not belong to the local region and it is modified at a different place. Will the same work properly. There will be some problems with my phone when I will switch to different ROM. I mean if you lose the configuration of original phone then what can be the consequences.
Old 14-06-2011

Re: Is Droid X unofficial Roms are enough stable

Before anything I would recommend you to first ensure that you can get your old settings back by the service center. Most companies provides an restoring facility which is given by the service center only. Because you will dump the rom of your current phone and if that is not done properly then it is possible that your phone might be dead completely. You can also contact the official company for getting more information on modifying the rom. This will surely void your warranty.
Old 14-06-2011

First you have an android phone that cannot be updated. So you have to modify the entire root. Second thing you have to check that the roms that exist on your phone must be copied on differently on a pc, so that in case of any issue it can be easily restored. There is no major issue with rom setup as they are fairly stable if done properly. Do not forget to have a backup of your phone and the software of Droid. You will need bootstrap for this and a recovery software.
Old 14-06-2011

Sometime there is an need for changing the battery of the phone which cannot be fixed. Get proper update and then only perform. You must collect all the better tools for that. In my personal opinion the actual rom works fine with root and removing and updating some elements can be done on that only. For updating you will need to search for the most latest updates for the same. Also check the maximum update version your phone can bear.
Old 20-06-2011

For rooting many teams had already work on that including Droid team itself. You had to download and install the z4root which is the originals ram in xda. You can download the same from Google also. You can search for a the download of z4root. Just with a click you can restart your phone and root it. I also recommend to put another ROM if needed. Check for proper updates only and do not play if you don't' know much about this.
Old 28-06-2011

The upgrade process is quite simple and does not require root access. In addition, the Gingerbread ROM includes the user interface MotoBlur. I do not like the first leak of Gingerbread Verizon is the only rom I tried. The roots also allows those who want to install replacement ROM. Run the root acting on an Android OS phone to gain administrator privileges. This operation to date, however, can be very complex.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,