Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T500 turns off after Screen Unlock

Lenovo ThinkPad T500 turns off after Screen Unlock

I am using the Lenovo ThinkPad T500 and while I am not using this then I usually the screen. Some of the times, I found that when I came back and unlock the screen then after about 5 seconds it turns off automatically. I am having the Windows XP Professional SP3 installed on my computer. This is very irritating as I have to start it again when it happens. I have tried with all the possible solutions for this that I know and that I found on the internet but those were not helpful to me. So I am posting that over here so that if anyone of you have any idea regarding this problem then he/she can post that over here for me. Please reply to this. Thank you.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T500 turns off after Screen Unlock

It may listen odd but you can try by updating the video driver in your computer and see if that is helpful to you. Make sure that you7 are updating that from the official website and not from anywhere else. These will ensure that you are installing the latest and the accurate driver for your laptop. This is one of the possible ways to get this issue resolved and I hope that it will be helpful to as well. So please try to update that and let us know the result of this so that we can give you some alternate solution for this.

Try to make contact to the Lenovo support and ask them for the same. They will tell you that what you will have to do in order to resolve this.

Is this problem only happens while you unlock the computer or is it also occurs when you are trying to restore windows as of hibernate otherwise wake as of sleep etc? I only inquire for the reason that I have similar problem where the computer crashes subsequent to hibernate, sleep etc. From what I have came to know, the symptoms are caused through a few fault through the "security chip" that requires to be enabled within BIOS. I cannot discover any segment from where I will be able to enable or disable this chip in the T500 bios screen.

You must make sure that you are having the most recent power management software as well as the BIOS update. This is one of the most important things that need to be verified. Other than this there might be some problem with the network card. I am saying that there is some lose network connectivity as this is earlier to the start for shutting down.

You can try to do the system restore. You will have to restore that to some previous date when that was working well. This can resolve the problem for you otherwise you can also try to talk to the customer support and see what they ca n help you.