Thread: PS3 started freezing after updating to Firmware 3.65

PS3 started freezing after updating to Firmware 3.65

Hi. I recently bought a Sony Play Station 3. I am facing problems in my PS3. I tried to solve it through going through the user manual. Tried all the possible things to solve out the problem, But still I am not able to solve it. I have updated my Sony Ps3 to firmware 3.65. After the update I am facing problems causing freezing problems. It’s difficult for me to play now, because in between it hangs up and troubleshoots. Please guide me about the problem I am facing. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: PS3 started freezing after updating to Firmware 3.65

Looking into your problem, we surely help you for it. Just follow the given steps. First of all open internet explorer on the PS3 then go to menu, press triangle then select on one of the options. Delete all cookies and the others files. Then Update your PS3 (in the settings menu the 1st option) in case it is not 2.53 versions. Then update the game, if it does not show up it means that the game is already updated. Then put on the game. After that if still it tells you to update it then carry on the update process. After update, check the disc whether it has any scratches if it does then you need to change the Cd.

If you have a 60GB sos mate then try to put the PS3 on and, then press the eject button (with no disc in) and then hold it. Then switch the PS3 off at the back with your finger on the eject button still holding it then put it back on. Then the fan test will start working and this may cool it down. Then try to put the ps3 off (standby mode) then hold on the ps3 on button and keep holding it till it goes off again to standby mode then let it beep once then or twice. Then quickly plug in controller and go to restore file system. After that restore all the data. And then try playing it.

There is one more thing you can do, it can be also a hard drive problem, to check it, first of all delete certain games and also delete the game data and then save data. It happens sometimes if you shut down when a game is loading or while saving it, then it will corrupt the data. Then secondly try a file system restore which finds bad files and removes them. It is repaired from the recovery menu (Google ps3 recovery menu).Then finally you can restore the ps3 system in the system settings menu which will format the hard disk , and will restores all settings and make your system as close to new as possible. And it is very important that when a ps3 freezes, Do Not unplug or use the rear switch to turn it off this will damage the hard disk. Then press the power switch and wait for 5 seconds and do a reset. The problem will stop.