Thread: Need to know about iPhone prototypes

Need to know about iPhone prototypes

I caught two prototypes of iPhone in the bay. The seller did not know what they were, and simply appears as the units of the parties. Neither the unit says "iPhone" anywhere, or lists of storage capacity. I did some searches on serial numbers; seem to have been made about 6 months before the launch of the iPhone. Phone 1: no lights, the glass screen YM650xxxxxx series number that corresponds to a factory in China, manufactured week 50 of 2006. Phone 2: Powers on the screen good enough, plastic display YM649xxxxxx serial number that match up to a factory in China, made week 49 of 2006. 03.06.01_G running the iPhone OS. Please help.

Re: Need to know about iPhone prototypes

Probably just have to restore to 2.2 and will be fully functional. I vaguely remember someone getting an iPod Touch with the software unlike him. A DFU restore it fixed. Was fully functional afterwards. This is truly a great come across! It also seems to show that the hardware team had no idea what the team was working on the software and the buttons are all just place containers. My guess is that the software team had no idea what the team has worked on both hardware

This is an awesome eBay purchase! Home screens quite funny. Very interesting, a piece of history iPhone there, thanks for sharing. Also in reality, it is a 1G. Due to the fact that this is a prototype, I would call a .5 G. I would also try to contact the iPhone Dev Team may buy from you or at least copy the firmware. No sync on iTunes now! Just try this and I hope this works for you. All the best!

Is not it great? Question: You said that the iphone comes six months before launch. Jobs announced the iPhone exactly six months before its release and when he did that is running the OSX software. How does the iPhone work is still running the software dummy? So what do you do with these? I think we must all pitch in a slight over paypal and give as a gift to the development team. They deserve it, right?

It'd be cool if he could somehow add SSH into it and then extract the entire system. But as per the question I would prefer you to get hardware bug-proof first before software. I don’t have any idea whether this will work or not as I have never tried it but you can check it out. Also focus on the software. But to be honest I like the plastic screen. So good luck and post your reply here if it really works.