Thread: Unable to restore iPhone and get error 14 and error 21

Unable to restore iPhone and get error 14 and error 21

I friends I have bought a brand new iPhone a month ago but I am having a problem with it. I tried many times to restore my iphone with Apple legitimate software. Do not try to escape from jail. Whenever I get an error. 14 or 21 when he was going to test the software. I tried rebooting the system, changing USB ports and even a Windows system. Nothing is working. Any ideas? Right now I am caught in restore mode.

Re: Unable to restore iPhone and get error 14 and error 21

You can resolve most restore errors, follow these basic steps: first update to the latest version of iTunes, then verify that your operating system is upgraded or not, and update it, after doing this Disconnect other USB devices, by the way, is the powered USB hub? Just to check, then check the security settings and then reboot. I hope that the completion of these steps can finally restore back your iPhone.

Try a different PC or a different user acc/profile on that PC. Sounds odd, but I had the same problem with my Touch. That corrected it. If this doesn’t works then jailbroke it. Also try a different user and new ISP on that user. If this doesn’t works then try switching the USB ports. If this doesn’t works then the only option left is to contact customer support center. But I think these will surely work. All the best!

Try a Hard Reset. For these on your iPhone and keep the home and sleep buttons for about 7 seconds until the screen go black. Your iPhone should restart the system. If not, do not worry, keep the button Sleep / Wake button for about 2 seconds. Now for the recovery mode to restore the iPhone off by holding the Sleep / Wake button for about 5 seconds or until the slider to slide to shutdown appears. Slipper slide off. If the iPhone does not respond, follow the instructions in Hard Reset to step 3. Open iTunes on your computer. Hold down the Home button while connecting your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable. ITunes are prompted with a note saying that the iPhone have been detected in recovery mode and you have to restore it to before it can be used with iTunes. Click OK. Click reinstates a message confirming that you want to re-establish and upgrade. Click Restore and update. The restoration has begun. Leave your iPhone connected to your iPhone reboots and syncs with iTunes.

I was at the Genius Bar a few days ago and saw someone with a similar problem, if not identical. The genie was (try to) restore it, but it was stuck in the wait for the iPhone the stage with the loading bar on the iPhone. The genie asked if it was a previous restoration and the man said, "If and only stay in this forever, I even tried to get out of there for about 6 hours and nothing happened." Since the iPhone man was out of warranty, the genius said he could not fix. He, however, that looked like a hardware problem and may refer you to a place like iResQ to fix it for him. iResQ gives an estimate of how much it will cost to fix something, when you send it, and they will fix if you like. For one thing, for example, Digitizers broken windows, and without cost to fix it. From what I've seen are quite reasonable, especially to do the job. You can also take the information you give an attempt to repair it yourself.

I recently had this problem when updating my iPod Touch Generation 2. I was trying to update 3.1.5 to 4.0.1 and my iPod went into recovery mode would not be restored and each time I tried to say "The iPod cannot restore error (21)." I tried reinstalling and restarting iTunes and Mac, respectively. Also, do not enter DFU mode. So I connected to my laptop (Windows XP) and say the same as the Mac, however, when I went to restore started downloading the iPod software update and then restored my iPod back into the previously installed software. Well, this has helped me.

My remedy is to download TinyUmbrella, a short trip into the terminal and then finally, delete some files. If I remember correctly, this is exactly what I did. First close iTunes, but having the iPhone stuck in recovery connected to the computer. Then download and open tiny umbrellas, and click Start Server technical support services. Put phone in DFU mode allowing Set the refresh button on the top of TinyUmbrella. When the phone is visible, click Recovery Fix and let it run, you must show some code and initialized GreenP0ison say in small print, while still having the code, open Terminal type this Code: sudo / Applications / TextEdit.app / Contents / MacOS / TextEdit / etc / hosts. Then press Enter, delete all reference lines gs.apple.com. Now save the file. After the file saved to the phone still displays the code, make a hard reset. Open iTunes and the phone will show in recovery mode and restore hit and let it do its thing.