Thread: Apple itunes account and credit card got hacked

Apple itunes account and credit card got hacked

I brought a new iphone 4 through my friend yesterday, but when I tried to download the application from Apple iTunes store it says my iTunes account is blocked and I needed to contact Apple support .I have not at all purchased anything from itunes store from last 12 month. I was notified by Credit Card Company that a big shot had used my credit card to buy application from iTunes store. I hardly ever use this credit card, but this card was linked with my iTunes account. Unluckily I came to know otherwise I would have known until they send me monthly statement. Finally I talked with my credit card department and they stopped that card and issued me a new credit card. I connected my new iphone to my pc and I opened my itunes account and changed all my credit card detail and I saved it .But when I went to itunes store I got error message saying my account is blocked. I contacted Apple iphone support and he said me problem will be solved as soon as possible .but after few hours when I checked it was not resolved.im totally frustrated and I’m planning to return this iphone.i call my credit card people and told them the entire situation of mine. Was there customer database hacked? I received mail from Apple support people saying sorry for the in convenience and they try to solve my problem as soon as possible. But I just don't appreciate why this is so tough to fix! I said the false purchases were not made from my iTunes account so why it isn’t sufficient just to alter my credit card number and re-establish the account?

re: Apple itunes account and credit card got hacked

In itunes account just makes your payment mode to none option. If you want free application than you don’t require any kind of payment for free application. Furthermore, you tried downloading the application both from iTunes application store and the iPhone application store. One thing I can believe of is to make sure your new itunes account you produced is active and reinstate your iphone as a new iphone (don't restore from backup). That should link the iphone application store to that account (I think you’re using your old iphone till now).

I think you should create new account on itunes store website. If you search in Google how to create account in itunes store website without using credit card number. I’m pretty sure that you will find a good number of responses. It’s too simple to create an account with itunes store without giving your credit card details. And after that you will be able to download free application from itunes stores .Reply me if any further help required.

Recently I went through same problem someone has purchased application from itunes stores using my credit card that of $2000 worth of application. I was dam tensed and I was not going to wait for itunes support people to contact me via email because they reply in 24 to 48 hours. I went to nearest Apple store and told them entire situation. Immediately they called their senior person to have talked with me. It’s too hard to handle credit card disputes of large amount via email. I even told them to refund my money in 4 days versus their usual 5 weeks.

If you would like to create your Apple itunes account and you don’t want to link your credit card to it. Just follow these steps. Go to Apple itunes registration website. Click on create account. Select terms and condition than click next than you have to enter email address, create your password, you have to select security question and then you have to enter the password for it than select your birthday than click continue. Select payment as none than fill the name and address field .than go to your email account and verify the email which you got itunes stores .click on that email and your account will be activated.