Thread: My Amilo PI 1536’s processor fan is not working.

My Amilo PI 1536’s processor fan is not working.

I am having a laptop (Li1718). It was working great till the three days back but suddenly it has some fault in it and I need to solve it as I am very much worried about it. The issue is that it has shown some problem in the fan i.e processor fan. Sometimes it does not work sometimes it gives the wired noise making me worried. My friend told that I need to change it. Can anyone help me regarding it?

re: My Amilo PI 1536’s processor fan is not working.

You should not take any kind of risks regarding your laptop and you should get it done from some one you know and do not try to do the research and development in this case. As laptops are much costlier. I would say that replacing the hard disk, graphic card is much simpler and not the fan. So do not take risk in this case as I have spoiled my laptop in doing research and development.

Yes its difficult to change the laptop fan but first tell me first who told you that your fan have spoiled. In many of the cases people believe that their stuff is spoiled and they replace it with the new one. I have the case where a person had though his fan was spoiled and he changed the fan but in reality when the technician opened it for the laptop then he saw that there was just dust around and because of which the fan was not working. So clean the fan and see if the noise is coming again.

Following are the steps to replace the laptop fan
    1. Fan is underneath the keyboard.
    2. First and for most thing Get rid of all the power connection even the battery.
    3. Remove the keyboard carefully by opening the screws.
    4. On removing you will find the fan if you want to clean it than clean it and if you want to remove it then disconnect the wire that is being connected to the motherboard and replace the new fan of similar type carefully.
    5. Fit the keyboard again.

Yes thank you friends for your replies it was very help full tip to clean the fan first and see if it works or no I did the same. Though I tried it myself I was too much scared to open my laptop as I am not a technician so it was first time for me. But let me tell you that I work on under construction site where there is always dust flying so all the dust has entered and have settled near the fan and because of this it had stopped working but now its fine.

Re: My Amilo PI 1536’s processor fan is not working.

This is not the case every time I have taken my laptop to the technician who deals with the computers and laptops. So he checked it out and found the fan was dead and not working so he replaced it with the new one and now its fine. But any way guys thank you very much for all the replies and trying to help me I tried the steps you all gave but nothing helped me. But never mind my laptop is working fine now.