Thread: Want a bigger disk for Amilo PI 1536

Want a bigger disk for Amilo PI 1536

I am having the laptop. The number serial number of the laptop is PI 1536. I am using it from long back and it is working great. I enjoy working on it. Now I want to ask you all guys that I am using the 120GB hard disk and now I want to change the hard disk. I am planning to increase the capacity. Currently I am having Seagate Momentus 5400.2 but Seagate has now urbanized Seagate Momentus 540.6 and it ranges from 120 GB to 500 GB. So please someone give me ray of light regarding the same

Re: Want a bigger disk for Amilo PI 1536

Yes I am also having the same laptop and it is working fantastically. I also have the same amount of HDD as the poster of this thread has. It is "Seagate Momentus 5400.2". For the reader let me tell you that it is a SATA disk of Seagate and in this family it ranges from 30GB to 120GB and the manufacturing of the same is also being stopped. The new family which has come also has Qwa formfactor and I want to know is this compatible and how it can be changed in my laptop.

Yes the Seagate has developed the new family so that you can increase the space of your Laptop. And you should do it. I would say that yes the new range is compatible to the laptop and it works absolutely fine. I tried to do it but it was not able to do it and my laptop was bumped. And then I had to rush to the technician and get it fixed which charged me additionally so I would recommend you to go and get it done by some expert instead of trying out you and harming your laptop.

Replacing the hard drive is not easy if you are not from the technical background. So you should better go to the technical background person who can do it for you. Other wise you will damage your hard drive or your laptop so do not take any kind of chances. So to change your laptop hard drive turn your laptops flip side and remove the HDD and instead of that fix the new one. As simple as any thing

Steps to change your Hard disk.
    1. Look at the back of your laptop.
    2. Verify the inches of the IDE drive. Normally it should be 2.5”
    3. Buy the new hard drive of enough size which is compatible to your laptop.
    4. Remove the old hard drive and instead of that fix the new one.
    5. Close the cover properly at the end
    6. Install the OS you want.

Thankyou all of you who have helped me out to change the HDD of my computer. I followed the suggestions of you all people. Seagate Momentus is awesome and it works very good it give us a very good speed and it also is not using much of my power. My old laptop use to use up to 5W of power and after changing it to new hard drive it just uses 1.3W of power so you can imagine the amount of changes it has made to my laptop. Thank you all very very much.