Thread: No sound during video chat in Lenovo ThinkPad T420

No sound during video chat in Lenovo ThinkPad T420

Hello friends I am using Lenovo ThinkPad T420 laptop with windows vista and I normally use my laptop for entertainment purpose. I use my laptop to watch movie and playing games. Some days before I have downloaded the Skype in my laptop and after that when I tried to video chat at that time I didn’t get any sound I only get the video at that time. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. Please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: No sound during video chat in Lenovo ThinkPad T420

According to me you should try to solve this problem by uninstalling the Skype and installing it again in your laptop. if possible first download the another Skype installation file from internet and after that uninstall the Skype from your system and then restart the laptop. now after doing that you have to install the Skype in your laptop from that new installation files and after that check whether same problem is coming or not? I think your problem will get solved after that.

I think you have to first check that whether you are getting this problem with Skype only or you are getting this problem with other messenger also. I think you have to first try to do chat with different messenger like yahoo and windows messenger and after that try to do video chat and then check whether you are getting the sound or not? if you are not getting sound with that also then I think there is something wrong with your sound driver.

I was having the similar kind of problem with my laptop and after that I have search the solution for it in the internet and after that also I didn’t get any help. Then I have installed the updated sound driver from internet and then I have installed that driver in my system. After installing that I have reinstalled the messenger and after that when I have tried to do the video chat at that time sound was coming properly. I think you should also try this solution.

Thank you so much for giving me this solution. Your given idea really worked for me. After reading your post I have downloaded the updated driver from its official site and after that I have installed in my laptop. After installing that I have restart the laptop and then I have tried to do video chat again. Now after that sound started coming during the video chat. Now I am not getting any problem while doing the video chat. I really appreciate your help.