Thread: Use Nintendo DS cards in Wii System

Use Nintendo DS cards in Wii System

As you know that all the Nintendo’s latest gaming console can use the SD cards. Whether it may be the Wii, DS or anything, all contain a SD card slot and capable to store game in it. Now from the time when the Wii can make use of SD cards and the Nintendo DS consoles has games on top of SD's, can you make use of the DS software SD's on top of the Wii? Would be pleasant if it may possibly! Do you have any idea or thought about this thing?

Re: Use Nintendo DS cards in Wii System

The Wii allows you to save your game progress directly to the console's internal memory. An SD card is not required. By cons, we understand that players may want to use an SD card to make backups of their data Security restrictions. To save on an SD Card, Wii requires the download of an update. To download any updates, you'll need to connect your Wii Internet

Not all SD cards are compatible with the Wii console. Take knowledge of the following:
    • The Wii console is only compatible with SD cards of 2 GB (Gigabyte) or less.
    • Cards with a capacity exceeding 2 GB will likely not work with the Wii.
    • SD cards at low speed can cause lengthy transfer time when downloading files or cannot work at all. A map on which are a large number of files can also cause lengthy transfer time.
    • While any SD card can work with these specifications, Nintendo has licensed specific SD Cards for use with the Wii console. You can identify these cards by the Nintendo Seal on the packaging of the card.

As far as I know that you can make use of SD cards of Nintendo DS into other Nintendo DSi or DSi XL consoles other than this you cannot use it into Wii. The wii games are completely different from Nintendo console games. You can use Nintendo DS SD cards in other same range consoles like DSi or 3DS I think but you cannot play those games on Wii. Still not one tried to do that yet. If I get any information regarding this then I will surely going to replay here.

Wii owners in Japan Virtual Console games and WiiWare titles directly on a special SD card storage. The Wii has no hard drive, but only 512 MB of internal flash memory. I expect to see this functionality in the rest of the world comes, the storage problem of the Nintendo Wii play because for a long time. Iwata said it was time to tackle this problem. I don’t know how long it will be going to take in order to fix this issue.

The Wii allows you to save your progress in a game directly onto the internal memory of the console. An SD card is not required. By cons, we understand that players may want to use an SD card to make backups of their data security. To save on an SD Card, Wii requires downloading an update. To download the updates, you'll need to connect your Wii to the Internet. Note that still devoid of the update; you can still move information from one SD card for make use of in the Photo Channel. This allows you outlook your pictures, videos, plus listen to your MP3 files.

Today there was a new update to the Wii firmware. After the update is noted that now is an age limit can be established. Hmm, went not before? Most noticeable changes on the Wii home screen is a new icon for an SD card menu. I hope that means that it is now possible, Virtual Console or WiiWare games on SD cards to store the Wii internal memory to unload. With this you can use any SD card from any Nintendo console.