Thread: How to jailbreak iPad 2 running IOS 5

How to jailbreak iPad 2 running IOS 5

Hey hi I have a Ipad 2 and I was previously running the Other operating system which I had jailbroken, but now I am running the IOS 5 on that, and want to do the same for these also, but I have heard that the apple had launched very secure system that can’t be jailbroken, thus I am little bit confused that, have I made mistake as I installed this new version, or shall I install the earlier again, and if suppose it is possible to jailbreak this iOS also, then I would like to know how?

Re: How to jailbreak iPad 2 running IOS 5

Ok, first of all let me tell you that apple doesn’t have released the official full version software for the Ipad rather they have a released only the beta version, thus I would say it would be just a waste of time to do jailbroking for this software, in fact I would say, It was better that you were already having the software that was been jailbroken, and you have heard it correctly that they have made this software bit secure than the previous versions.

I don’t think this is possible because, people are still finding the way to jailbrake the previous version of the IOS, and that was good as you already have it, surely I would say you have made a mistake installing this new software, I would if it is possible you should again install the previous OS and use the same with your techniques, because though you have the latest software you won’t be able to use some of the features without jailbroking.

I would say this is wrong, in fact Ios 5 is already jailbroken, It is been no additional than a couple of weeks since it was official declared. Don’t know which company actually but they have fixed the ndrv_setspec () integer overflow issue, and thus because of that every time you want to restart your iPhone, you’ll have to let it hang from a close by PC or laptop, so that the jailbreaking happens. And as far as I know tethered jailbreak works, because this is the issues regarding the hardware, that they haven’t solved it yet.

Hey there are software on the internet through which it is possible to jailbrake the Ios5 also, but as there is only a beta version released, you can do that on that only, you have to download the software called Redsn0w 0.9.8b1, after installing the software and by following the steps you can simply do whatever you’re expecting. But I have heard that it is worked with only the jailbroken application only, but I would suggest you that you should try this.

Yeah I am completely agree with the above user as this software works, there are certain steps through which you can achieve what you are expecting. extract the ZIP. Double-click to open redsn0w application, and then hit it off the ‘Browse’ key under the text, It will ask you to locate the firmware file, choose the Ios5 firmware. The software will then process the firmware file, and will give you the message as ‘IPSW successfully identified’, after that hit it off the ‘Next’ key situated near the bottom-right and it will download several jailbreak information and the data from the server. After that connect you Ipad to the PC and it will start processing and will display the message Downloading Jailbreak Data, and after that click on the finish button.