Thread: How to mount external 2TB HDD to iPad

How to mount external 2TB HDD to iPad

I have an iPad running with the latest OS installed in it, and along with that I have a a self-powered external 2TB hard drive connected to a self-powered usb hub and which is connected with iPad camera kit, and whenever I want to mount the HDD I have to done it through the Ifile. But once while I was doing the same, I was unable to do that. And from that day I am not getting the actual issue, I have tried too much to find it on the internet, but didn’t find any such solution. Need suggestion.

Re: How to mount external 2TB HDD to iPad

There might be so many issues regarding these, I would say you make sure that is there any problem in your hard drive or in the device that you have, because through such a short description it is very difficult to obtain the result, But still I am not sure but according to me it should be some power issue, thus would like to suggest you that try to power both of the device, and then try to connect it, if this would be because of that only, than you’ll be able to connect it soon.

I would say your setup is fine rather very good, but for the testing purpose I would suggest you some of the steps that you can carry out, See you can connect your external HDD to other devices such as if you have any laptop or the computer, you can connect it to those devices in order to check there is no problem in the HDD, and if suppose there would be some problem then you won’t be able to connect it to your device also.

As you have mentioned that it is been charged up through the external USB HUB, I would say that you should check whether your USB HUB is working properly or not, because if there would be some problem in that, then also you won’t be able to connect the hard disk. Or if suppose it is not working properly, you have to change that connector. And after that you are ready to connect again.

Have you check the cable through which you connect your external HDD to the Ipad, it might be possible that the cable would be broken or there is some problem in that cable only. You should try to connect your device through the other cable, thus you’ll get at least the fault. Or else you may have to contact the support center for this problem because they would surely help you with this problem.