Thread: Recording devices on Thinkpad Z61m

Recording devices on Thinkpad Z61m

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Z61m and in that I can see only ONE recroding device that’s my microphone, and I have installed all the latest driver on my machine, and I have the following configuration like 3Gb of Ram and I am running windows & on my machine, and when I installed Virual Machine v7.1, on my machine it was showing me several recording devices, thus I am not getting whether this is a driver issue or what. Need help. Thanks.

Re: Recording devices on Thinkpad Z61m

Hey I would say this is not the driver issue, as this is happening because of the software that you have installed, and as you have mentioned before that you were not having problem with that as it was showing only one recording device. And I would say this is the by default device that you were seeing. Thus you can use that also for recording, I am not sure that you can use those virtual device or not, but surely the first one, that you have seen.

Yeah I am totally agree with the above user as this is not the driver issue, and if suppose you have some doubts regarding that you can simply look in to your device manager, if this would be the driver issue you won’t be able to use the recording device, in fact I would say you won’t be able to see the device in the list even. Thus have a calm breath as this is not any issue in your machine, but you are getting just other virtual devices through that software.

I am not getting why you are worried about this, as this is not any issue, that only you have installed the new software, and as because of that software you are having those many devices in the list, and I am not sure but you can use them also, I mean to say you can try. I am in fact wondering that what is the problem as you are having these much device in the list, either you can use them or you can simple uninstall them.

Hey thanks guys, and I was actually little bit confused about that, because I haven’t seen it ever before, and always use to use the one that was listed. But after installing that software, I seen this much of devices, and I thought it would be because of the virus or something, but thanks guys for your kind attention towards this thread, but let me know at least what shall I do with that software, shall I remove it or keep as it was?

As you have got like this is not any virus or you are not actually affected through any malicious program, but I would say you can keep that software in your laptop, because you can simply make use of that software, and have you heard about the cloning software, they make the virtual disk in the system through which we can mount the Image files of the actually disk, and this is same as that software only, and because of that you are seeing so many virtual devices in your machine, and as I said before you can use that software for a different purpose also, but if suppose you are not getting anything about that you can simply remove it.