Thread: RAM slots on Lenovo G560

RAM slots on Lenovo G560

Hey hi, I own a Lenovo G560 laptop, and really it is cool I would say, having no problems regarding any thing, but have some doubt regarding the machine that I have, I mean to say as I am using it from last 6 months, thus I have decided to upgrade some of the hardware in my laptop, mainly the memory, but don’t know how much slot I have on my board, and after that which would be better compatible with my machine? need suggestion. Thanks.

Re: RAM slots on Lenovo G560

That’s good idea as you are about to update the hardware of your laptop, but I would like to suggest you one thing, that before buying the hardware that the RAM, always make sure that it is compatible with your laptop. Otherwise first of all you’ll not keep it in the laptop, and if suppose it starts working, but then also it would not work perfectly, and will give you problem afterwards. Thus be careful while buying such a parts.

You can simply visit to any nearest hardware peripheral shop and ask any technician over there, they would surely tell you about the specification of your laptop, and off course after that you can easily upgrade that particular hardware, or else you may have the other option too, I would say you can check the motherboard specification on the internet also, from there you can have the proper idea about the slots that your motherboard have and the compatible RAM with that.

I am sure that you have got a user guide with your laptop, whenever you had bought it, thus you can have a glance in that also, from there also you can have the proper idea about the motherboard, its capacity and many more things. And if suppose not than off course as the above user mentioned that you can always have the option with the internet also. You can simply browse your laptop on that or if you have some knowledge about the motherboard you can directly browse that also.

Hey thanks for your prompt replies guys, but let me tell you that I have seen the whole user guide, but didn’t get any information on the motherboard and its specification, but yeah internet is still remaining, I am hoping the same that I would get the proper information from there also, and if suppose I want to buy a RAM, then which is the best brand for it, and from where should I get that RAM? Is it worth to buy it online?

See according to your mentioned information it seems that you must have this specification, like 4GB of ram, and the intel I3 processor, 320GB of hard drive, but you haven’t mentioned that how much Ram you have right now? Because if you already been using both of the slots then you’d not get another one, as your motherboard has only two slots in it. And I would like to tell you that you can have up to 8 GB of memory in your laptop, with the combination of 4X4. and after upgrading the RAM I would say you must have to upgrade the operating system also, or else you won’t be able to use the whole RAM that you have.

Wholly agree with the above user, in your motherboard you have a two physical socket for keeping the RAM in that you can have maximum 8 GB of ram with the combination of 4X4. And by the way I would say you should buy it from the Lenovo itself, because as you buy the hardware from there, first of all you’ll not get any compatibility issue, apart from that you can have the good hardware with a good package of warranty. And see if you order it online, you have to pay more, as they will charge you for their delivery charges and other more taxes, otherwise no regarding issue with that.