Thread: Sudden Death of a HP Pavilion dv3-1073cl Entertainment Notebook PC

Sudden Death of a HP Pavilion dv3-1073cl Entertainment Notebook PC

I have this HP Pavilion dv3-1073cl Entertainment Notebook PC.

100 days past the 1 year default warranty. The thing is, the machine will not boot up anymore, rather I get a nano second white flash from the entire screen surface every 3 seconds and all the control LED monitor lights are on. The HDD is good, the laptop will not boot even without any RAM loaded in the system so I think that it's not the memory. The symptoms began just suddenly all at once without signs of possible hardware failure. Could it be that the video inverter is bad, or that a video cable is pinched within the body of the computer and finally severed, could it be the screen itself although I doubt it because the entire screen flashes bright white...

I called HP who wants over $100 US to troubleshoot for a year and will not pay them that money.

Anyone out there who has knowledge of the reason on this problem?

Re: Sudden Death of a HP Pavilion dv3-1073cl Entertainment Notebook PC

As per your problem described i am sure its not Operating System's issue or RAM issue but am sure its any hardware problem. Sad part is that i dont have any idea about laptop's hardware issues, hope anyone else can solve your problem.

But before that i would like to make you know that this is just an Introduction Section. Hence people visit this section very less often. So better you post this query in the proper section with proper title so that you can get better assist. For this , you go to Portable Devices and post there.

Re: Sudden Death of a HP Pavilion dv3-1073cl Entertainment Notebook PC

Just wondering if your problem was ever resolved as I am having he exact same problem. HP tech over the phone says likely the cpu - which will cost $400 to buy the part. Like you out of warranty but the computer was working fine and then was not - just quietly quit.