Thread: Need help to Restore HP Laptop

Need help to Restore HP Laptop

i have an hp laptop, i cant actually get into the operating system (windows 7). So i am trying to restore it to factory settings. I press F11 until the recovery thing comes up, but then it says no bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key.
    well i dont have the boot disk and im wondering if there is a way to do it without the disk?

Re: Need help to Restore HP Laptop

Sometime ago when you buy a new laptop they give you a set of disc with it. This disc consist of Factory Software and other free software. Did you have any of those. Rightnow this is discontinued and a Factory Restore Partition is created inside the Laptop hard drive which is hidden. When the new laptop is purchased the first thing you have to do is created a Recovery Disc via HP Recovery Manager. Check in your Start Menu. Do you have any of that tool. If you had not formatted your system before, then there should a hidden recovery partition. This partition has image file of your original operating system which is copied on a DVD disc via Recovery manager.

I do not have the disc. I cant even get into the operating system on my laptop. what im trying to figure out is how to access that hidden partition on my laptop to recover it back to factory settings. Everytime I attempt to do the recovery it just asks me for the bootable disc. Which I do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by mrook82 View Post
    I do not have the disc. I cant even get into the operating system on my laptop. what im trying to figure out is how to access that hidden partition on my laptop to recover it back to factory settings. Everytime I attempt to do the recovery it just asks me for the bootable disc. Which I do not have.
    If you want to make a recovery Dvd in HP laptop, then you have to go in something like Programs > PC help > Recovery CD/DVD creator, but since you cant even log into the operating system, I dont know how will you able to burn it on the disc? Have you checked whether you are able to login to the safe mode and from there create the recovery disc?

thats the thing, i can not get into any part of my operating system. it just turns on the laptop and shows a black screen.

Quote Originally Posted by mrook82 View Post
    thats the thing, i can not get into any part of my operating system. it just turns on the laptop and shows a black screen.
    In that case you can download the iso image of the windows 7 from the web using some other computer and then burn it to a disc and make it bootable and then use the same cd for making a fresh installation of the windows on your laptop.