Thread: How to upgrade ThinkPad W510 RAM with Installation procedure.

How to upgrade ThinkPad W510 RAM with Installation procedure.

Hi guys I have just brought a new Ram for my think pad W510, As I am an avid gamers and often does multi-processing in the laptop, I was in a great need of an additional Ram, I know that I should have ordered it with the system itself but that I time I thought that this was enough for the up gradation of the ram .But know that I have brought my laptop I think I am in a desperate need of this ram ,So I purchased one , but as I have never changed this before I am not sure how to do this , this is where exactly I need your help.

Re: How to upgrade ThinkPad W510 RAM with Installation procedure.

Great to know that you are upgrading your ram but , it is very sad that to tell you that you have not chossed a right laptop model for up gradation. I have heard that the system inside that laptop is very buggy and it is very complex to upgrade them, I suggest you to consult a hardware technician if you are upgrading it for the first time.I hope you consider my post seriously and think twice before making any decision

Hey mate, I don ‘t want you to put your charisma down for a silly fact that the system is a bit complex inside the laptop , I mean do you really care about that , I mean you have a whole manual available for the Hardware Maintained Manual you can also find some articles on the Lenovo’s official website for help along with this there are videos tutorials also available for this .I hope this would help you out.

I have been upgrading my system since few years now and I don‘t think it is difficult to upgrade your computer ,well I have my own special tools like chopsticks sticks and Soft wood, non demeanor and can't do any harm to supplementary mechanism. I admit that in their "ordinary" state they never grip the RAM module as well as I would have approximating, next time will almost certainly enfold the ends with padding tape to get better grip on the module. I hope you do the same with this.

Keep this up , I want you think that you can do this , just go through the website of Lenovo and see if there are any problems that regarding . I also suggest you that while placing in the RAM into slot 1 be certain that you get those stickers that are by default present there out of your way, there is a great risk for your Ram getting spoiled by the contacts on the module. I immediately folded them backside with my thumb guarantying that they were clear of the upper side of the slot.