Thread: USB Keyboard TrackPoint not scrolling in ThinkPad

USB Keyboard TrackPoint not scrolling in ThinkPad

I have just purchased a new ThinkPad usb keyboard with a track pad associated with it. I was very interested in this right since I saw it first release, but, as it was released at a high price tag, I waited for a few months and ordered it. But, I was very disappointed by it working, the keyboard seems to works fine but , I think the track pad is having some issues with the working of the pointer. Does anyone here has the same issues with the working of this. Please message me back with a solution.

Re: USB Keyboard TrackPoint not scrolling in ThinkPad

I think you should first be concerned to check to see if it has arrived in one piece and does not have any inbuilt faults. Because many of the products that are released with are high end-technology has some bugs that cannot be solved at that point of time. SO I guess a simple search on Google would give you a nice re-view about this product. I hope that you help you to solve your problem out . Best of luck !!!!1

Hey mate thanks for asking this thread on this forums as I have already found a solution for this, as this is the latest technology available in the market. And not everyone in the market can effort such a high end – assessors then that would surely need a driver to support that in any particular system. You can easily get the drivers from the IBM official site. I know there are still some issues with this but still you should always try things out.

Hey thanks that worked for me on my laptop but, that did is not worked on my desktop. But the I have installed version 1.07 two time s now but I still did not succeed I just don‘t know if version 1.0 works and then I known it installed properly .So now I don ‘t think I try installing the previous version 1 .because that might corrupt me working version .So I am waiting here for any one who tells me does the verison 1.0 works on desktop ?

I guess you did not installed that properly on your computer so here is a step by step process of doing this , firstly go to your system and then go to device manager after that choose that option that you consider is buggy , for your case it ‘s mice and then select the think pad USB track point and then properties and then choose driver which says v1.00 and voila you are done installation and troubleshooting it .

IF you have a problem working with the scroll of the mice then you should try doing this steps (I have developed this hacks to work with Firefox) first install version 1.06 or 1.07 on your system. and then make a copy of the directory where you have stored your files. Take a back-up of it and then uninstall the current version and then install version 1.0 on your system. After that open the task manager the stop the processor skd8855.exe. I think that would help you out.