Thread: Lenovo g560 windows 7 pro Error "ACPI\VPC2004 Unknown Device"

Lenovo g560 windows 7 pro Error "ACPI\VPC2004 Unknown Device"

I have owned the Lenovo g560 in which windows vista was installed and my laptop was working fine. Now after some days I have upgraded my operating system with windows 7 and after installing the windows 7 I have installed all the drivers in my laptop. After installing the driver my laptop gives me the massage that one unknown device found and device ID is like Acpi\Vpc2004. now I don’t know what is that but I am not able to remove this massage and my power management option is also not working. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Lenovo g560 windows 7 pro Error "ACPI\VPC2004 Unknown Device"

To solve this problem I have one suggestion for you first of all you have to first open the windows 7 solution center and then check there whether there is any kind of message is displayed or not? As far as I know you must be having massage regarding this problem. First check that message and then let me know what the message is this. If that message is asking for any drivers then I think you should install first install that and after that you will not get any issue.

I think you can solve this problem by installing the ACPI Driver in your laptop. As you have said that in your laptop you are getting the message of this Acpi\Vpc2004 then it means ACPI driver is missing from your laptop and you have to install it. You can download this driver from internet and after that install it in your laptop and then you have restart the laptop. After doing that your laptop will not give you that message again and again. I hope this trick will fix your issue.

My sister was using the same laptop and laptop and also facing the similar kind of problem and then she gave her laptop to me to fix this issue and after that I have tried to search the solution for that problem. I have downloaded the ACPI driver from here ACPI DRIVER. Now after downloading that driver I have installed it in my system. After installing that driver I have restart the laptop and from that time I am not facing any issue with my laptop. I think you should also try this trick.

Only installing the ACPI driver will not fix this issue. you have to do the following steps to fix this issue. After installing ACPI driver you have to download the ATK Hotkey Driver and System Interface driver in your laptop and after that install both the driver in your system. Now after doing that open that folder where Energy utility is installed and then you will find the DPInst.exe file in that folder double click on that. After doing that you will not get any issue with your laptop.

I am agree with your above post I have first tried ti fix this problem by downloading the ACPI driver and installing ACPI driver only. But after that also I didn’t get any help. Now after that I read your all the post and I have downloaded the ATK Hotkey Driver and System Interface driver and I have installed it in my laptop. Now after that I jave open the file which you have mentioned in your post and then when I restart the laptop from that time I am not getting any issue. Thank you.