Thread: How can I restore Mobile Sync backup without ipsw?

How can I restore Mobile Sync backup without ipsw?

I had recently brought my new phone, before purchasing it I keep backup of it by clicking on the right side of the iPhone icon in iTunes and also copied that to MobileSync folder on my desktop as Apple documentation notified that it will be rewritten when next sync will be performed and Anyways formerly I had restored many iPhone’s by option and Clicking restore together and then finding my ipsw but there now there is no ipsw file is visible in that folder, only a horde of mddata files. So any suggestion or idea !! how can I restore my old data. Please assist me for restore my data. Thanks.

Re: How can I restore Mobile Sync backup without ipsw?

Hey there hi, As per my knowledge I should tell you that you don’t require ipsw for restoring data. As must tell you that restoring through an ipsw and restoring data both are not similar process, and they both are called “restore” only.. So here you have install the OS again, the other one only restores data w/o changing the OS. And for restoring data the copy of restoring must be there, where iTunes actually formed them. Check it first and after that when you will connect you phone the process have to start.

Whenever you plugged a new device or the replaced one, and want to perform transfer of data from iPhone to iTunes and when the time you will plug it in, it will ask you whether you desire to setup a new data or restore from the backup file. If you didn’t get this message than you might have moved than instead of storing it, so what you have to do is copy it again to their former location, and even after that too if noticed doesn’t appear that , so right click on your iPhone icon in the iTunes, and you will get a menu option over there prompting to “restore from backup”.

Hey there If you want to set up a new iPhone or iPod, initial shift your purchase and other records, then back up any vital backups of that device you need to keep from the backup folders. iTunes only preserve one sync-generated backup per one device, and the primary sync after setting up as new will restore your earlier backup. And after that if you want to change you decision and want to restore to your prior state, you will have to do so from a backup that you have saved through your periodic backup routine. If you had Mac OS 10.5.5 or later and using Time Machine, As Time Machine might back up your stored data. Copies of a backup noticeable with a date and time stamp created for "Restore from the back up of" are preserved by iTunes and not overwritten. This all the methods you can follow if the above mention steps doesn’t prove to be useful for you.

Hey hi, this problem seem to be occur when storing process doesn’t happen properly and if it has been done perfectly without any flaws than follow the menthods I mention below.
    For restoring data from a backup after connecting your iPhone or iPod touch to the computer you normally sync with:
    1)In iTunes, choose the device, then opt for the Summary tab and then click Restore (this erase all data on iPhone and restores to factory settings). When prompted by iTunes, choose the option to restore your settings.
    Or
    2)Right –click or control click the device and chose the restore from backup. That’s it.

Note : And please note one thing iTunes and iOS don’t supports installation of iOS 4.3 backups on the devices using previous versions of iOS