Thread: Lenovo Thinkpad W520 display not working

Lenovo Thinkpad W520 display not working

Some days before I have got the Lenovo Thinkpad W520 as he was having the problem in his laptop so he gave me to solve that. This laptop has NVIDIA Quadro 2000M graphic chipset. The laptop is very nice. The main problem is with the laptop is sometimes it display my wallpaper bright and some time it gives lines on the desktop. I don’t know what is wrong with my laptop but I want to solve this problem as soon as possible. If anyone have solution for this problem then please give me that.

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad W520 display not working

I am familiar with this kind of problem and in laptop sometime this kind of problem comes due to power issue. I have one solution to fix this problem. You can fix this issue by doing these steps. You have to set the discreet graphics option by going in to the BIOS and after that save it and restart the laptop. I think after doing that you will not get any issue with your laptop. After doing above trick also if same problem is coming then please let me know so I can give you reply according to that.

Normally this kind of problem Is occurs if screen does not get the enough power. If you have set the power saving option in your laptop then try whether same problem Is coming after turning of the power setting. If you didn’t get the same problem after turning off the power setting then I think you have keep this setting as it is. If you didn’t get any result after doing that also then I think you need to repair your laptop. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

As far as I know in your laptop Intel power adapter controls the power setting and I think you can solve this problem by doing some setting in your laptop. First of all you have to open the Intel control panel from system tray icon and after that go to the power features and then disable the power saving option and then click on the ok. Now after doing this setting you will not get any issue with your laptop screen and laptop will work normally.

If your laptop screen is giving the same problem after trying all the possible solution then I think there is something wrong with your laptop screen. According to me you should visit the service center and after that you have ask about your problem with your screen. If there is something wrong with any part of the laptop then it will get solved in service center. You can also repair your laptop in any repair shop but it is advisable to visit the service center.

I have tried to solve the problem by setting the discreet graphic from my BIOS option but that trick didn’t work to solve my problem. Now after doing that I have checked that whether power setting is on or off by going in to Intel control panel and after going there I have turned off the power saving option. Now after Turing off te power setting option my screen is not giving me any problem and all the things are working fine. Thank you so much for giving me this information.