Thread: Can i Charge Lenovo ThinkPad X200 with 1500 Volt Power Outlet

Can i Charge Lenovo ThinkPad X200 with 1500 Volt Power Outlet

I think I have unique problem here, I guess no one has ever asked this question before, well I frequently keep on travelling on remote location where there is no electricity and hence I cannot charge my laptop. So my vehicle has a 1500V power outlet. Which I guess is enough for charging a laptop. Whenever I connect my Lenovo x200 laptop to get it charge in my vehicle; it does not charge my laptop at all. Please help

Re: Can i Charge Lenovo ThinkPad X200 with 1500 Volt Power Outlet

Hey dude your car power output is just awesome , I guess it is too good to be true because according to me the wall sockets run on 110V and most heavy factories have a output is 220V . SO the claims that your vehicle gives 1500V are just impossible. I guess you should consult the car wala regarding the output of the power given by the car. So just please correct it and send me some accurate figures so that user s of these forums can answer an accurate answer.

I am extremely sorry for posting wrong information above I have re-read the documentation provided by the manufacturer and it says 1500VA which when converted would be 115 Volt AC and 150 Watt maximum power outlet. So isn’t this power enough for charging my laptop? I don‘t think that is too high voltage that my laptop won‘t charge, But that is not even less enough voltage that my laptop cannot charge.

Hey mate, I think you also need to add which prong you use or have at your car, if yes, then you should have connected the think pad power adapter while the vehicle was running. Remember if you have very low battery then the power is very low then you just cannot charge it if it has a very low power. Also note that Due to build –in overload protection, the power outlet will automatically shut-down if and only if the power rating is exceeding.

I guess if your adapter card that you are using is driving a maximum power of 65W.I guess you should do the steps that I tell you firstly turn on the X200T and boot into windows after that plug into AC adapter in to your vehicle and then connect it to the laptop after that take a note of the battery icon in the taskbar and see if it shows that it has been plugged in .If everything done is right then there should be no problem. If still the problem persists then I suggest you to search for an electronic device that can convert the amplitude. I hope this help you out.

Hey guys my problem has just been solved buy the automobile company itself it gave me a solution to this, they told me buy a invertors that would convert the high voltage that comes out with a sinusoidal frequency of 55 MHz this would then be converted into a desired frequency which would be suitable for my laptop to get charged . Then thanks for all the help and support you gave me .