Thread: Need Wireless drivers for Lenovo G560 notebook

Need Wireless drivers for Lenovo G560 notebook

Hey people I have got Lenovo G560 notebook for myself last month. It was running Windows 7 operating System. But I found the Operating System to be little slow so I formatted the system and installed Ubuntu 9.04 Operating System in my Lenovo notebook. After reinstalling the new OS, I realized that I don’t have drivers for Linux running system. I got few drivers from my friends but did not find any Wireless Drivers for my laptop. So I wanted to know where I can find the Wireless drivers for my notebook. Please help me.

Re: Need Wireless drivers for Lenovo G560 notebook

I would recommend you to use the original drivers CD for your Lenovo G560 notebook. You might have got the original CD for your drivers when you had purchased your notebook. Just insert the CD in your DVD/Cd drive and install all the necessary drivers for your system. If you are unable to find the necessary drivers in the Lenovo CD, contact the nearest Lenovo store and purchase the Drivers CD for your Linux running Lenovo G560 notebook.

You can find the necessary drivers for your Lenovo G560 notebook from the official website of Lenovo. Search for the Lenovo website on Internet and visit the site. Once you have viewed the website, click on Support and download link. Then search for your laptop. Once you have detected your laptop, search for the drivers for your laptop. Make sure that you have downloaded the drivers for Linux running system.

Thank you, people for your replies. It was very kind of you to spend your time on my thread and post your quality replies. I searched for the Wireless drivers for Linux Operating System in Lenovo G560 notebook. I used both the solution but was unable to find the drivers both on the drivers CD and the Lenovo website. Please help me. It is very annoying me now as I am unable to access Internet using my router. Your suggestions will be appreciated.

I searched for the specification of your Lenovo G560 notebook and came across the information that the wireless chip installed in it is BCM4313 (PCI ID 4727) and the Broadcom's STA driver works fine with it. So, i would recommend you to visit the following official website of Broadcom and download the necessary drivers for your Ubuntu and install it in your notebook. It had work for me, that is why i am recommending you to atleast give it a try.