Thread: Why is iOS ‘iFlow Reader' eBook application Store shutting down ?

Why is iOS ‘iFlow Reader' eBook application Store shutting down ?

BeamITDown Software company that’s owns iflow Reader eBook applications and store for iphone and ipad has informed that they will be closing down on may 31, against apple policies forcing them to give 30% of revenue to apple.BeamITDown company said is not possible for small eBook seller to give 30% of revenue to apple and earn beneficially .The matter is that apple require us, as well as other eBook dealers, to give them 30% of selling price of any eBook that we sell from iOS app. Our Margin on ebooks after selling to merchant is a lesser amount of than 30%. This means we have to go through huge loss on all ebooks that we sold. We put our trust in apple and they screwed us. Our plans did not breach their policy any time. Apple can change their regulations at anytime. Unhappily they must know this .apple ibooks was already in growth when we spoke to them and certainly must have known their future plans would disaster our failure no matter how excellent our product was. We never had a chance.

Re: Why is iOS ‘iFlow Reader' eBook application Store shutting down ?

I stink a class-action lawsuit. With the volume that iphone and ipad are now selling and have installed large user base, and the truth that they also have a motor vehicle to sell the content that these users were forced-out of selling, this may well be measured an anti-trust/domination move. I have a kindle and I have an iphone and ipad. The kindle app allows me to use the iOS device when in a touch, but I favor understanding on the Kindle. It will mark me off if Amazon is enforced into the same corner, but it seems to me, that Apple, by this rule, is overstep.. And I'm usually an Apple fan.

Ouch. That's too terrible. I can't actually say Apple is "incorrect" although, at least not from a business viewpoint. What Apple did was grip a middleman off of their platform -- one that was in direct opposition to itself. Apple is trying to be the one large contender between happy producer and satisfied consumers -- they don't wish for to leave room for anyone else. Can you buy ibook from store on your Kindle?

So they couldn't be leaving out of dealing because they had an unsuccessful business replica based on being the middle man? They only had 4,000 books? Fail to remember where I read that information and their price was the comparable as the giant players. Amazon has close to a million books and ibooks over 100,000 books. Amazon has more books as compared to apple collection. It will take some time for apple to increase its ibooks.

Yes u can buy ibook and amazon book from your mac. Asking 30% of the buy price of an application is one thing. 30% of all dealings on an iOS device subsequently can be considered as highway robbery, and the user of iOS are going to shell out for it, either through higher prices or less alternative. It is not in the best attention of Apple to implement this model. It's anti-trust country. The truth that they formerly allowed it and then stopped it will only reinforce the case against them.