Thread: I-MX1 MIDI Interface introduced by Yamaha for IOS devices like iPad

I-MX1 MIDI Interface introduced by Yamaha for IOS devices like iPad

While there have been a few MIDI resolutions out there for IPAD and other IOS devices, Yamaha has brought in its first MIDI interface for IOS in Frankfurt Musicfair. You can connect your iPad with the music system such as piano where you can set the frequency using your iPad. So you don’t require any more devices for setting up the frequencies. I hope this gets launched as soon as possible and I am very eager to use it.

Re: I-MX1 MIDI Interface introduced by Yamaha for IOS devices like iPad

It seems to have a 1 / 8 "input / output jacks. I wonder if it would analog stereo input and output as well. That really made by hand. But if only for MIDI, the device seems too specialized. There are other products on the market, which obviously is a bit bulkier than allow MIDI and audio input and output. This seems a better investment. But it seems that the weight of the cables will only make the connector fall. A separate light cable to an interface a meter may be a better idea to keep the weight of the connector.

It is very likely only to midi, and cannot be standard stereo 1 / 8 "TRS has 16 channels of MIDI input and output, probably cannot do that with analog TRS. But there are no drivers? What this means is that anything that uses midi device driver is probably part of the standard USB driver set, which are IOS devices. Therefore, it is possible that any USB-MIDI device will work equally well over CCK Apple, while only requires standard USB controllers and MIDI is pretty simple, so you do not need more than that.

The third parties attempt to do things iOS specific device, but will that really what the USB drivers are already doing for us in IOS. For example, any powered USB ADC that supports USB stereo world standard protocol will probably work with an IOS device and Apple CCK. So no need to re-purchase these specific IOS devices such as guitar wiring kit, etc. Just require the Apple camera connection kit and peripheral devices that are powered by the USB driver set.

MIDI ports are standard round 5-pin DIN connectors, except simply two pins in every connector are used for MIDI. The signal is digital, but they work well with a TRS connector. All 16 channels are multiplexed on the date serial stream itself. But you know that the technology still cannot make a rap song. Also, do not forget that the data rate is incredibly slow by today's standards - only 32Kbps which was much more advanced, when the specification was completed in year 80. Much smaller USB cables carry data at more than 10,000 times the speed of today.

If all you want is MIDI I / O, this piece will probably be less expensive than the Alesis $ 200. It also works on iPod Touch and iPhone I think the Alesis is IPAD only. I'm looking for a way to mix into a MIDI keyboard IPAD live this team can do everything I need, in the smaller, lighter, cheaper package without additional wall wart. Furthermore, although it was announced later, would not surprise me if the piece Yamaha sent first.