Thread: Fingerprint software for Lenovo Thinkpad X201

Fingerprint software for Lenovo Thinkpad X201

I am posing this thread here to enquire regarding the fingerprint software which is installed in my thinkpad X201. I want to ask that if this software is having the aspect to encrypt files/folders with the help of fingerprint authentication? If this is not having that then tell me if there is some method to contain this feature which can be utilized in my machine. Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Re: Fingerprint software for Lenovo Thinkpad X201

The best way to get the solution for this is to contact the service center and ask them for this. They will let you know the exact thing. If there is any possible way then it will be told to you and you will have that feature. This is the best way that I want to recommend you now and I am sure that you will get satisfactory and clear answer from them. So do it first and get your doubt clear.

I m also having the same problem and I contacted to the service center. When I asked them regarding this then they told me that the use is just for the windows login and nothing more than that. So I stopped searching for that. Now I am looking for some third party application that can help me to do that. If I get any such working software then I will post that over here so that others can also make use of that.

Well Lenovo Fingerprint Software is nothing but UPEK software by means of Lenovo skin that is implemented with little changes within configuration. well, UPEK software have utility known as Secure Safe, this is implicit drive, content saved in encrypted file. On my Thinkpad i make use of Bitlocker meant for encryption, but this is just obtainable on ultimate version.

I searched and found it out as of the fingerprint reader manufacturer website UPEK where there is availability of that software. After installing that you will have to pay about 19USD for the full version of it. I made use of this with the help of my earlier Vaio that was having the defense to offer it.