Thread: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 14’s slow boot time and shut down time

Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 14’s slow boot time and shut down time

I am using Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 14 from sufficient period of time and now it has started showing me some of the problems. It shows troubles in the boot time and shut down occasion. It acquires about 50 seconds to load up the screen after I provide it with password awaiting the desktop come into view. And then every time I shut down the computer, it keeps screening the "waiting for background program to close" display but there are no program listed in the display. Can any one help me getting my Lenova back again as it was in its earlier days.

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 14’s slow boot time and shut down time

I also had the same issue with my Lenova. The reason behind this is that when it is new we do not have many programs installed into it, so it gives us good performance. Now check it out, did you put in any fresh software or some anti-virus program? Some software takes up the system wealth but won’t give you an idea about it or display it. And some software takes the time to get loaded into the memory so it may be taking time to load up and shut down the processes. So do check it out and uninstall such software.

Once of the reason of the slow startup is due to more and more things present on the desktop. Usually I keep my desktop empty and suggest others also to do the same. The reason behind this is that every time your computer boot up it has to formulate and see to it that these shortcuts are linked to valid and their appropriate files and the applications. These all things leads to the slow start up so you need to keep your desktop clean and clear this will also help in improving your performance.

Try removing the application from the startup. Every software corporation wish for a part of your computer and in lots of cases they wish to make sure they are breaching and running as your system boots up. Go into Run dialog box, type in msconfig and then go to the startup/boot tab where you'll find number of applications in the list format. Only keep that application which are important and uncheck all those which are not important for you. Trying this will help you in getting some good speed for the both startup and shut down.

You must have never thought of it before but this will surely help you in some way or other you need a physical clean. Laptops also are needed to be cleaned up if it is old. A good blow throughout the fan and a cautious cleaning with the help of finger. I am telling you this because the dusty machine takes up more power to keep it cool than the normal one. Because of this machine stays hotter so cleaning your machine will help you in quicker to boot and even shut down.

You need to disable the idle ports from the bios. Go into your Bios and disable the unused ports. This does not mean that you should detach your usb ports from your laptop this would be an stupid act. But if you have the slots in your laptop which you do not use it normally that it will be good practice to disable them as this will help you in saving your few moments of yours in the boot up and shutting down. So does this only if you think you can do it

Hello brother hope so these all small small tricky things helped you but I also did all this but this hardly affected my laptop. So my one good friend advised me to update the bios. I updated the bios ot the laptop. Note I also own the same laptop as you are having. So search on the internet you will easily get the new bios update for our laptop’s motherboard and update it. I am telling you to do so because this helped me out and now my laptop is working very much fine.

One thing you can do is get all the back up of your data get it properly scanned and then you should format your laptop. And yes you should keep more partitions among the drives this will also help you indirectly in some way or the other. Or else if you do not want to do this than update your bios only and keep only things which do not give more load on to your laptop. No need to keep heavy themes and images loaded for more fancy looks