Thread: Screen brightness adjusts automatically in Lenovo X120e

Screen brightness adjusts automatically in Lenovo X120e

There is some very odd issue with my Lenovo X120e. If I set the screen brightness for this then it automatically adjusts the brightness of it. I did it many of the times but all the times it adjusts automatically. Is this only me who is getting this issue or there are other users with the same problem. If someone have any experience with this and know how to fix this problem then please help me. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: Screen brightness adjusts automatically in Lenovo X120e

To solve this issue, all you have to do is to open the Catalyst Control Center and then choose PowerPlay option that is there in the section of Power. There you have to uncheck the option for the Vari-Bright or you can adjust the slider. Once you have done with that, then click on apply. After that, you should check if the same thing happens again or not. I don’t think that it is going to happen again. I found this answer on another website. Good Luck!!!

I believe that you most likely encompass LED backlight screen, it is sort of the sensor which regulate to lighting conditions that is around you and it will not be very bright in dark and brighten up itself in superior lighting surroundings. I know this since my mac does the similar thing. I do not know that how you can regulate it on thinkpads because I have yet to own one through such a screen, expectantly somebody with awareness of this choice can give the solution of this soon.

It can be the problem with the driver that is installed in your system. That might be corrupted or not functioning well and so it is showing you the issues like this. The best thing that can recommend you is to update the entire driver in your computer. Make sure that no driver is outdated otherwise that may create issue for you. So do things thing first and see if that can solve the problem for you. This is one of the probable ways to resolve this issue.

You can contact to the Lenovo care and ask them regarding the problem. They know that what are the possible issues for this and how can that be solved. They will tell you the precise way to get out of this. If I would be at your place then I would have done the same as this is the best and the safest way for this. So contact them and get your issues resolved from them. I hope it will be solved soon.

Right, after removing and reinstalling all Lenovo always control using several tools to see what exactly was being loaded at startup by background processes, yet could not find a good reason. So naturally, it is now fixed - it wiped the hard drive and reinstall Windows 7 again. I still love to know what caused it yet, but I guess we'll never know.