Thread: Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached

Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached

I am having the T60p Thinkpad that is having the Windows XP installed in that along with the non-genuine Lenovo Battery. Many of the times in one session I get the popup message from the system tray that says "Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached". I have no control on this message. As I try to close this then it takes the control of mu browser and attempt to sell me a battery. Is there some way that I can avoid this message? Please help me.

Re: Genuine Lenovo Battery Not Attached

I assume that you keep the actual software with the system in order that will possibly comprise all the dissimilar power management tools given by Lenovo. I in fact formatted the system and have been capable to obtain the bare ACPI driver designed for my ultrabay battery. This said that have I tried uninstalling the Lenovo power management software? This may take out the system's capability to sense the battery kind and allow you to stay away from seeing that message.

There is one way that might do the work for you. All you have to do is just click on the option that is there on the bottom of the thinkvantage power manager. There you will have to uncheck the option for show power manager gauge in task bar. Once you are done with that then just restart your computer and see if you are again getting that message or not. I don’t think that you will get that again. Please reply back with the results so that others who are searching for the same can take the idea from that and if that does not work then you will get some other solution.

There is one added problem and concern that Lenovo does not trade replacement batteries used for older ThinkPad models. For such models only choice is to obtain a "non-genuine" battery. This shows that owners for presented ThinkPad models who desire to maintain them as long as they are working will finally be subjected for sales pitches meant for an ornament they can no longer purchase from Lenovo. Would anybody at Lenovo who consider this is an suitable marketing to carry out which instills continued customer faithfulness, please protest and clarify the sense after this policy?

This warning regarding non-genuine batteries is actually very unfortunate user experience, particularly considering that the excellence of the non-genuine batteries is only as unfortunate as the class for a genuine Lenovo battery. I believe that IBM is containing the "end of service" withdrawing unexploited parts after 7 years. One other thing is that those Thinkpads possibly is not having the power management that has some issues.

I also agree that this is very awful. I recently obtained a non-official substitute intended for my high-capacity battery which had arbitrarily died for no obvious reason. If this does not end there is no method I will ever purchase an additional ThinkPad otherwise suggest one to friends (which I do normally I may add.) If we just purchased one unofficial battery, we are not ready to turn around and purchase a certified one just for the reason that it is irritating us.