Thread: How to restore Lenovo 3000 N200 to original factory state

How to restore Lenovo 3000 N200 to original factory state

I want to restore the Lenovo to the original factory settings. This is the first time that I want to do this. I followed the instruction that I have to press the "lenovo care"-button but the issue comes with the Rescue and Recovery 4 –program. If I click on the restore system then I cannot see the choice to "Restore my hard drive to the original factory state". I can just select to restore from the recovery disk but I don’t want to save my data because I have already taken the backup of that. All I need is just to restore that. Can you tell me that why I am not able to see the option that is mentioned in the manual.

Re: How to restore Lenovo 3000 N200 to original factory state

My friend, first of all you will have to do the update to the system and confirm that you have updated the recovery system. After doing that, you have restart your system and as you see the power comes up then you have to press the lenovo care button and then you will see the expected option where you can do the full restore to the factory state. If that does not work then reply me back and I will give you some other possible solution for this.

Is it showing you the blue screen all the times when you are trying to start with that button? If that is the case then you should take a picture of that or note the code that comes along with the blue screen. Post it here so that it will be easier for us to give you proper solution. So do it in your next post and we will surely give you answer for that. Thank you.

You may have to check the ACHI setting that is there in the BIOS and then put that to the compatibility mode. I can recall that it should be in the compat mode for installing the XP. If you are already having the XP in your recovery partition then that might be the problem for you. Are you having Windows XP or Vista installed in your system? If you can provide some detailed information about this along with the error code that you are getting then this will be really helpful for us to provide the solution.

If you want then you can order the recovery CD for that it will do the thing for you but that will cost you around $45. Anyway, wait for some time and see if there is some advanced solutions come for this. If you have tried all the other possible resolution method for this and still you are not able to get out of this then you can go for the recovery CD and get your problem resolved. This is the only method that I can recommend you now and I hope that it will be helpful to you.

Before doing anything to it, you should contact the Lenovo support and enquire them about the issue that you are facing with your system. They are the expert in their product and they will let you know that what can be the issue with it and how can this be resolved. This should be the first thing that you should do in the cases like this. So contact them and let your issue resolved.