Thread: iPhone 4 autofocus not working properly

iPhone 4 autofocus not working properly

Hello fiends i have recently bought iPhone 4 and this phone is very attractive in terms of features and design. My phone was working perfectly but before some days my iPhone 4 start giving me one issue. now whenever I try to take the pictures of any texts from any book and after that when I press the camera button to do autofocus at that time it shows blurry texts. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this issue. is there anything wrong with my camera or with my iPhone software?

re: iPhone 4 autofocus not working properly

According to me first of all you have to check that whether you have changed any setting in your iPhone and also try to take the pictures of the texts by using proper position. Because if you try to use take the pictures of the texts very closely then your iPhone camera will not able to do the autofocus properly. So I will suggest you to maintain some distance while taking the images and after that you will be able to take the pictures properly. I hope this trick will solve your issue.

As you have said that your camera is not able to do the auto focus then I have one solution for it. Sometime our mobile gives this kind of problem due to software issue as our software only controls all the camera settings and reinstalling the mobile software will help us to fix this kind of issue. That is I would like to suggest you that you can solve this problem by reinstalling the software in your iPhone and after that your auto focus option will start working normally.

I was also facing the problem with my mobile camera and after that I tried to solve the problem by resetting it but it didn’t make any difference for me. After that I also reinstalled that software but camera was still giving me the same problem. After that I found one solution. To fix that issue first open the camera and after that flick the camera with help of your finger and at same time try to touch the screen continuously which will force the camera to do the autofocus. Now after doing that your auto focus will start working normally.

Re: iPhone 4 autofocus not working properly

Doing the software reset in my iPhone 4 didn’t make any difference and after that also my autofocus was not working perfectly and after that I have also tried to fix this issue by updating the iPhone 4 operating system and after that when I tried to autofocus at that time I get the same issue again. Then I have tried your given steps and that trick has solved my problem. Now I am able to take the picture of texts from any book. Thank you so much for helping me.

cool Re: iPhone 4 autofocus not working properly

Hey, I met the same problem. Do u mind explain more detailed? Flick ? Tap continuously?

Quote Originally Posted by Chongyee View Post
    Hey, I met the same problem. Do u mind explain more detailed? Flick ? Tap continuously?
    First of try to open your default camera application and dont close it. After that flick the rear camera using your finger at the top side and the back side of the camera lens, and that same time too try to tap your screen to help your camera to force/help/make auto focus function to work and now your camera + auto focus is working!!

Hi, can someone help me with this please?

Hi, can someone help me with this please?
    Can you elaborate your issue in detail??? so that i can have a better idea of the issue you are facing. if you have the same issue i.e. "iPhone 4 autofocus not working properly" then have you tried out the solution that has been mentioned in the above posts??

Yes, it is the auto focus problem.. But I dont understand what does the "flicking" top to back means ...

I have just checked about the same and i have found a no of people having this issue but then there is not an effective solution yet, some have said that replacing it has solved their issue, so if you want then you can try out the same as it seems to be the only option for getting rid of the issue.