Thread: Xbox 360 only lists limited music library from NAS

Xbox 360 only lists limited music library from NAS

Recently I have configured my Xbox 360 console with my NAS server which I have already configured at my home. While trying to access the music library from my console i got that it is only showing half of the music library. The other half wasn’t listed there at all. Is there a boundary of how much is interpret from a NAS while viewing Artist/Album/Song/Genre sections? I haven't observed whatever thing more than 300 items from each one, and I have way further. What's the deal?

Re: Xbox 360 only lists limited music library from NAS

Can you try browsing your music library by the use of a few additional UPnP client software? For instance, there's a number of software named XBMC (xbox media center, intended for windows). If you install it, after that run and set out to music, put in source, look through, UPnP (it may get a couple of tries for it to discover your readynas - it's not perfect software except is excellent for testing rapidly). Afterward put in your music / media share and observe if you can look around it properly.

Did you try connecting the NAS as well as xbox to the equal network? Without being routed. I've barely forever utilized an UPnP client as well as server on the similar subnets and not attempted routing it? The debug add-on may demonstrate somewhat helpful similar to if the SSDP/UPnP requests are being recognized properly? Also make sure that the NAS is sharing its files properly to all its units connected to it. You may check the privileges if you have any doubt about it.

I presume the xbox can as well upnp PlaysForSure. As a result media streaming. MCE is not in the surface, except straightforwardly replicate. Therefore, you can as well get a PC with additional present media player and the stuffing of the box's. Finally you have to come across still if your NAS has as well features streaming otherwise upnp / PlaysForSure aspects. If not there are more than a few mods for a few NAS, such upgrade the works.

I consider that this has to execute by means of the method that the Xbox 360 handles the indexing of cinema against. song. I understand a post that I will attempt to discover and link to this post which clarifies why this problem exists, except it has not anything to do with the streaming application otherwise the readynas. It has the whole thing to act with how the Xbox 360 firmware cares for these categories in a different way and it is somewhat irritating.

I for myself don’t have a server, except I recognize it’s extremely suggested to make use of UNC paths intended for shared media from a server by means of media browser as well as extenders rather than mapped drives. You might wish for to gaze into that. Optimistically somebody with a slight further knowledge with WHS servers may be capable to aid you more. Media not gathered on the PC nearby. If you have Media Collections that comprise locations on a dissimilar PC than your personal, you will require ensuring the extender has right of permissions to that position.