Thread: Xbox 360 unable to play .VID files from computer

Xbox 360 unable to play .VID files from computer

Yesterday I have configure the Xbox 360 with my computer and established as Media servers so that I can able to access the media file from my console which are lying on my computer and play it on my TV. Right now I configured it as I can only access image and videos. My computer is running Windows 7. I can access the image and it work very well and opens fine. However when I go to my videos and open the folder, the Xbox says that No videos found.”. Actually the video files are in the VID format.

Re: Xbox 360 unable to play .VID files from computer

At the current update - Spring 2007. Xbox 360 supports audio files in MPEG-4, QuickTime and Windows Media Video (WMV) and various codecs including H.264, MPEG-4 and WMV (VC-1). Thus, if your files have the extension Avi, Divx, Mp4, M4v, Mp4v, Mov or . Wmv is a high probability that they will work on your console. If the files are not supported, then the screen you will see the message «Unplayable Content» when trying to play it.

Xbox 360 supports files a compression using MPEG-4 Part 2, Straightforward and sophisticated Simple Profile. These files are frequently referred to like Xvid otherwise DivX video files. Many programs for generating DVD movies, cameras as well as recorders support recording video in MPEG-4 format. Note that the requirement of DivX has a few extra features (menus, subtitles and different audio track, and so on.). Xbox 360 will try to play the files prepared to this condition, except it does not support whichever extra features, and their existence might cause issues in playing files.

You can set MP4 DirectShow decoder from third party and use it to add files to MPEG-4 and H.264 to the library. As soon as they are added to it, you can watch them on your console, as well as files and WMV. Alternative solution to this problem - rename all your files to mp4 «. Avi». This will allow Windows Media Player 11 is free to bring in them into the collection and the standard indicates you can play them on top of your Xbox 360. On the other hand, with the intention of play on your computer you still have to install an suitable decoder

You might have configured your media center for Xbox 360 console but you haven’t added all the compatible codecs in order to play the video yet. The image files might be regular JPG format so you will not get any kind of issue yet. But in order to play video you will need latest codec video player. First of all make sure that you have installed the Windows Media player 11 in your computer. If you haven’t then the .VID files may not be able to play it.

As far as I know that you are able to play videos from removable disks USB 2.0 FAT32 file format, optical disk, and mail it to your PC by the use of the software for Zune, Windows Media Player 11, Windows Home Server, in addition to a number of additional third-party advance support video streaming within the LAN. Xbox 360 does not chunk the video depending on the overload of the utmost extension, bitrate otherwise the number of frames for each second. All data over are the most favorable parameters beneath which the image from dissimilar sources is played devoid of whichever issues.