Thread: Xbox 360 won’t detect Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Disc

Xbox 360 won’t detect Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Disc

Hello guys, I have been using Sony Xbox from some time now and have never experienced kind of issue with it. Recently I brought the Sony Xbox to my cousin’s place so that I could enjoy playing the Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) game with them. The game worked well and we enjoyed playing the game. Later, I returned back to my home and now when I am trying to play the game, I am unable to do so. When I am clicking on MULTIPLAYER, the Xbox is showing black screen with a message “Disc Unreadable”. Please help me. I am unable to understand what might have caused the issue.

re: Xbox 360 won’t detect Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Disc

I would suggest you to start up from scrap. Disconnect your Xbox device from the console. Make sure you have closed all the connections including the power supply. Now reconnect the devices one after another. Make sure that you are not inserting the pins to wrong ports. If you don’t remember the connections properly then I would recommend you to use the manuals which you must have got along with your Xbox console to connect all the devices in the correct manner.

re: Xbox 360 won’t detect Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Disc

According to me the Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) game CD which you are trying to run in your Xbox might have got corrupted. Still for cross checking, I would recommend you to try playing the CD in some other XBOX console and check if it is working well or not. And if the CD is not getting detected with any other Xbox console then it is for sure that the CD has got corrupted. So, in this case you will have to purchase another Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) game CD to play the game again.

Re: Xbox 360 won’t detect Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Disc

According to me the problem might be with your Xbox console. Or the problem can also be with the centre spindle. There might be some minor crack in it, which is why you are unable to detect the CD and that is why the device is not reading any data from the CD. According to me you must possible visit the nearest hardware store and get your device checked. If any problem is detected, then you should possible have to get your device repaired.

I have also faced this problem, and thought the problem was with the CD. So I replaced it and got a new one. But it also did not helped me. The solution which actually helped me in solving the problem was repairing the hard drive. Unknowingly my hard drive had got corrupted, thus causing trouble reading the disc. So I would also suggest you to get your hard drive checked and if any issue is with the hard drive then get it solved.

I also feel that I should get my Xbox console checked and confirm where the actual problem lies. Is it my console which is causing the problem or is it the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Disc which has got corrupt. So as you guys have suggested, I will surely try that. Will be going to the store tomorrow and find out the real cause of the matter. I hope the problem is not that big, or else I would have to spend lots of cash as the Xbox is an old one.