Thread: Logging into Marketplace gives C101A1FA error message in HTC HD7

Logging into Marketplace gives C101A1FA error message in HTC HD7

Hey people please help me. I am stuck in between very annoying problem. Recently I decided to download some apps for my HTC HD7 mobile form. So, I visited the Marketplace. On visiting the Marketplace, I realized that it will have to make an account of mine in order to allow me to download the app. So, I accepted the terms and condition, but now I am getting another message showing error C101A1FA. Please tell me what is this about and what should I do inorder to get rid of it.

re: Logging into Marketplace gives C101A1FA error message in HTC HD7

Before you are purchasing and trying any app or game you should always make sure that you do the following steps:
    • Use your HTC HD7 to sign in to your Windows Live ID. This will unlock all the services on Windows Live, Zune, and Xbox LIVE.
    • Download and install the Zune software in your PC. Zune software is used to sync the apps and games between your mobile and PC
    • Make sure that you have kept your mobile software updated. An updated software will prevent any error to occur.

Re: Logging into Marketplace gives C101A1FA error message in HTC HD7

I also had this particular problem when I was trying download apps from Marketplace for my Windows Phone 7 running mobile. After experimenting a lot of things I came across a post where it had mentioned that changing the family settings can solve the issue. So, I called up the Zune Support staff and changed the settings under their guidance and luckily the problem got solved. So I will also recommend you to contact the Zune staff and take their assistance.

Sometimes the problem also occurs if you have not completed your accounts creation form. So I would recommend you to visit the official website of Zune and try to logging in at that website. If you have left the account creation form incomplete, then it would be better if your complete it. Once you have completed the form, save then settings and then visit the Marketplace to download apps and games. You will notice that the problem you were facing earlier had disappeared.

It seems like the C101A1FA error is very common among the Windows Phone 7 users. I have read many posts with people asking for help on this issue. And I have read one common solution for the issue. I will surely share the information with you on how to solve the problem. I have read that the problem is related to the parental controls. So check the parental controls settings in both your Xbox and Zune. Go online to the official website of Zune, create an account, complete the creation and turn off the purchase restrictions.

I strongly feel that the issue is related to Child Accounts/Parental Control Settings. So, please do the following:
    Visit the following website Zune.net
    If you are asked to sign-in from the ID which has got the parental control over child account, please sign-in using that account.
    Accept the new Terms and conditions of Service to complete the process and setup account restrictions as per your need.
    Now you will be able to download items on your Windows Live Phone and through the Zune Marketplace.