Thread: How to Restore call log & messages after phone format in Nokia E-63

How to Restore call log & messages after phone format in Nokia E-63

I am using Nokia E-63 phone. Recently I faced a problem on my phone. I am not able to open my main log due to some virus entered in my phone. The problem is I have important numbers in log which I have not stored in contacts and I cannot afford to lose it. So let me know how can I remove the virus from the phone and even I can be able to get my call log back and all the numbers.

Re: How to Restore call log & messages after phone format in Nokia E-63

Looking into your problem we understand your problem and will surely help you on it. First of all the reason that your not able to open the call log is due to virus in your phone. To remove the virus you will need to format and install the Nokia Software again in the phone. As per your request regarding you don’t want to lose your call log numbers after formatting, I am glad to tell you that you can retrieve the call log, messages ,settings of phone as it was before formatting. You have to just follow the above easy steps. First of all all Select Menu >> Tools >> Memory Card. After that select options in memory card and select the option Back Up Phone Memory. After that select the update phone software application in the Nokia Pc Suite . After Re-installing process. Insert the memory card in the phone. Then again Go to Menu >> Tools >> Memory Card. And select Restore from Card. Phone will restart and you will see that the call log, messages, contacts etc are retrieved like they were before.

If there is no issue with messages and call log if they get deleted and you only want to save contacts of your phone. Then it is possible. You have to just connect your phone to your computer through Usb cable. Open the Nokia Pc Suite, there you will find an application known as Synchronize. Open the application and select the button Synchronize. After selecting, it will save your phone contacts into Pc. After completion it will appear the number of contacts saved. You can find the contacts in Microsoft Outlook if any of contacts get deleted from the phone.

If you don’t want your contacts and messages deleted from phone and there is a no issue if your call log gets deleted while formatting. Then you need to copy your contacts and messages into sim card. You can do it by following steps: Select all contacts and click options and select copy into sim directory. All contacts will get copied in Sim card. For saving messages you need to Go To Messages >> Options >> Settings >> Other. After that scroll down and change Phone Memory into Memory Card. All your messages will be transferred to memory card.