Thread: Pay for Xbox live gold to watch Netflix

Pay for Xbox live gold to watch Netflix

I would actually akin to make out why I must have to shell out to the Xbox live gold with the intention of to watch Netflix which is a service meant for which I previously recompense. I appreciate that neither are a heap of enormous services lying on Xbox live gold, I don’t wish for nor do I require whichever of these additional stuff. I just would like to be capable to watch Netflix taking place my Xbox 360.

Re: Pay for Xbox live gold to watch Netflix

Take pleasure in all the advantages of your Gold membership! Your Xbox LIVE Gold allows you log in and play with your friends from around the globe, except also to watch thousands of HD movies right away on Netflix. Xbox LIVE presents comprehensive games, Xbox 360 game downloads, Xbox LIVE Arcade games, except also clothing plus accessories for your avatar, and private discounts on the case of the month. Even next, with your Gold membership you can be the first to access latest content. A Gold membership is not necessary to make purchases on the marketplace. An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership as well as Netflix unlimited subscription (sold separately) is necessary for streaming on Netflix.

You might be paying for Netflix in order to stream HD videos or movies on any of your devices. If you are using the PS3 console then you can stream Netflix in your console without any extra cost. This is for the reason that the playstation network is for free. You don’t need to pay any additional amount there for Netflix on PS3. However in Xbox 360 case you will need two things in order to stream in it. The first one is which you already have is the Netflix subscription and the second one is the Xbox live Gold membership.

At one point in time, with Microsoft's Xbox 360 was the leader in online gaming for any console platform. Yet over time, we see other systems online games such as PlayStation 3 catching up to the Xbox 360; the attraction of a Gold subscription starts to lose its appeal. We already know that Xbox Live boasts some of the best online features. But what exactly are we paying for when we choose to buy Xbox Live Gold? To understand this we must first subtract the features that are offered by the Xbox Live Silver and features that the Playstation 3 offers for free. It would also show why we have not Xbox Live free.

I do not expect that players will receive a free Xbox Live soon. As long as users are willing to pay, Microsoft will continue to charge. Yet, as the PlayStation 3 continues to move closer to the Xbox 360 in terms of online play, I cannot help but question the service I am offered. Maybe it's time that we, as users begin to expect a little more of our Xbox Live Gold subscriptions. Whether it comes in the form of reduced prices or more features online, I think it's time that Microsoft has a sort of encouragement for us to continue to pay.

I think that it is the money making thing from the Microsoft or from the Xbox side to not allow the Xbox live service for free of cost. The Playstation network is already available for free. However you can get the most of the good features and things in Playstation network freely which you need to pay in Xbox live. AS someone said don’t assume that Xbox live will going to change its mind. It has plenty of followers from all over the world. No matter what price they put there, use or customer will not going to question on that matter. This is the case.

With the PS3 slowly to reach its full potential online and in these difficult economic times we wonder why we have not Xbox Live free. The reason behind this is because there are several main selling points of an Xbox Live Gold. However, some items can be found on the Playstation 3 for free. Furthermore, if we include Home for Playstation 3 and some are not exclusive to Xbox Live and depending on whom you ask Playstation 3 may have the upper hand in the department Avatar. Regarding the market is concerned, Xbox Live Silver members can still access the Marketplace free of charge but they do not receive timely access to certain content.

To be perfectly honest, it's quite DIShonest of Xbox to be forcing you to pay for an Xbox Live Gold account to stream Netflix movies. They are NOT providing any sort of service that enables the ability on the device.

To put it to a not-so-technical comparison, it's like Ford telling you you need to subscribe to their OnStar service to be able to drive on the highway. The only thing preventing you from doing so without out it is their malicious software that will disable your vehicle if you attempt to do so without an OnStar account. You already bought the car, paid for the gas, and pre-paid your EZ-pass for the tolls. And now some scumbag wants to squeeze their hand into your wallet to wring a few extra bucks out of you as well.

Dishonest to say the least. Criminal? Quite possibly.