Thread: How can I Un-Sync Facebook Contacts from Contacts on my HTC Phone?

How can I Un-Sync Facebook Contacts from Contacts on my HTC Phone?

I am using my HTC phone, and I am not able to Un-Sync Facebook Contacts on my phone. I found that all my phone contacts are getting doubled. I want to get rid of my duplicate contacts, can anyone help me out to un-sync facebook contacts from my phone contacts. Please someone help me to solve my problem, as I am getting frustrated.

re: How can I Un-Sync Facebook Contacts from Contacts on my HTC Phone?

All you can do is, go to Settings, e-mail settings, press and Hold on Facebook, after that click on Delete. You have to wait for few minutes to let it delete all the contacts it added. You will have your original contacts still there. Other way is, you can also go to your contacts, and click on the button of menu and go to view. You can also filter out the things that you want but not the phone number using the program, and everything that is not related to the google contacts.

I have deleted my Facebook account from the completely including my facebook accounts. You can do this from the menu, settings and select application to remove facebook and then go back to menu, settings, Accounts & Sync to remove the Facebook account. After this is done, in the Accounts & Sync option I deselected Auto-Sync option. Then I downloaded the standard Facebook App from the market. Firstly it would ask for, if I want to Sync Facebook or not but even if I didn’t select the option it will do the same. Also at offered me some more options than before, one is which that allowed me to select an “Do not Sync” option, which kept my Facebook from syncing all the contacts with my phone.

If you want to undo sync all you have to do is the following:
    Firstly, go to contacts. In menu button go to Import/Export and select Extort to SD card. After that go to menu button and select Accounts and uncheck ‘Auto-sync’. Then go back to home screen and select menu button and settings and then Applications and then click on Manage applications and select ALL. Navigate to Contacts Storage and clear Data. Go in to contacts, under menu button select Accounts and select facebook and select remove Account. Mow you can import from SD card and add contacts and select facebook. And choose ‘Sync with existing contacts’