Thread: How to recover lost photos after accidentally resetting HTC HD7

How to recover lost photos after accidentally resetting HTC HD7

Please help me guys. It is urgent. Yesterday my younger cousin accidently did a reset in my HTC HD7 mobile. I fear this could have deleted all my stored photos and other data in my HD7 mobile phone. So, I wanted to know whether it is possible to recover the lost data from my mobile by any methods. If there is any way then please share the tips and information with me also. Your help will be surely appreciated. Please reply. I am waiting for some solutions.

Re: How to recover lost photos after accidentally resetting HTC HD7

Unfortunately, I don’t think it will be possible for you to recover the lost data. You have mentioned that System reset was done in your mobile, so most probably all the data stored in your phone, including installed applications, images, songs, videos etc will be lost. Still, I would suggest you to search for some recovery tool like we have for Windows user in computers. As the HTC HD7 is also using Windows Phone 7 a product of Windows, they might have introduced some recovery tool for windows Phone 7 also.

If the reset which your mobile phone went through was Soft Reset or the Software Reset then you don’t have to worry as the data might not have lost form your phone. And this is valid only if the images were saved in the memory card and not in the Phone memory. But if your cousin had performed hard reset in your mobile, then it won’t be possible to recover the lost data, even if it was stored in memory card. This is because hard reset deletes all the data stored in the phone memory as well as memory card, if the system finds one in your mobile.

You can recover you data if you had recently used Zune software or connected your HTC HD7 mobile phone to your computer using the Zune software. This is because, the Zune has got a setting in it which automatically allows the software to save all the images from the attached device to the hard drive of the computer. So, if you were lucky enough and you had use the Zune software few times before your cousin resetting your phone, then you will able to recover all the lost images. Also this will apply only if you had turned On the following option in your Zune.

Thank you, people for your assistance. I have been using the Zune software to synchronize my music, videos and images between the HTC HD7 and my computer. But I never knew that I should turn on the auto save feature inorder to save the files in the computer hard drive. So, as now I won’t be able to recover back my lost images, I have learned from my mistake. Now I have kept the setting ON to save the data as soon as the device gets connected with the Zune. Anyways, once again thank you.