Thread: Does Mega 180 LCD firmware obtainable for trashed LCD’s

Does Mega 180 LCD firmware obtainable for trashed LCD’s

After a lot of fight with MSI they finally sent me some new firmware. I'm quite sure it's not the BIOS, as the flashing process is very different. The LCD runs on firmware that is separate from the BIOS, so this is probably it. I can't try it till night, but would be interested if someone else can. I can email details of the firmware to anyone who needs to fix their thrashed LCD. But I can't promise anything as I have not tried it myself. I have the MEGA 180 boxed in the back of the car, ready to send off noon today, so would be very interested if anyone can test it before that. If you want to try reply me with your email id

Re: Does Mega 180 LCD firmware obtainable for trashed LCD’s

Please find the enclosed latest firmware existing for the MEGA 180 unit. In order to flash this firmware into your units please follow the following procedure -
    1. Boot to pure DOS (using a bootable cd which can be made in power iso and Nero)
    2. Type "i2cdown -b:3 -d:0xd0 -a:0xa4 -target:rom XXXXX.bin" - Then press enter. (Where XXXXX.bin is your updated firmware file)
    3. Flash
    4. Pull out the power plug. Restart.

If you have any problems, than reply me

I don’t know much about this process, MSI sent me the above procedure and file to fix my LCD vanishing problem. The trouble was due to running a welcome.exe application from TV tunner CD. If this was not the reason of your trouble it is possible that there is another trouble and it can’t be fixed like this. I would at least expect the bxa0cms0.bin file to be opened and the flasher to reduce over either when it is flashing, or to have to no result.In this case it sounds like there is a trouble opening the bxa0cms0.bin file. Are you sure it is in the same place that you are executing the i2cdown flasher from? Has the extract of the zipped file worked OK? Can’t think of anything right now.

Damn, my LCD is trashed, but it trashed itself as mega 180 was off, I mean, the clock hang at "8:52" so I unplugged the power cable, now it is off and it doesn't work. I have effectively flashed that file but the trouble is not solved at all. I can use the hi-fi mode but with no display... and it's very difficult. And yes, it is well plugged. I downloaded the firmware but im not able to figure out how to get into ms dos. Any suggestions?

This is due to the firmware of mega 180 which drives the LCD display. After a telephonic conversation with MSI Mega Pc Support Straight right away (curiously 0800 number). I have, although it was ridiculous to me, played bios for display. Support guy provided indeed call with a website where i can find bios, but this was not even from MSI, but forum based on MSI. There was zip file with the Bios . Unbelievable but true, after display bios does display again.