Thread: Sync Failed with HTC HD7 on Windows XP

Sync Failed with HTC HD7 on Windows XP

Hey people, I am very new to the HTC HD7 mobile phone, so I am few doubts related to the Smartphone. Please co-operate as I am not at all familiar with its technical terms as well. Actually I wanted to know whether it is possible to establish a connection between my computer which is running Windows XP Operating system and my HTC HD2 which is also running Microsoft’s another OS, Windows Phone 7. How can we connect both the systems? Thank you in advance.

re: Sync Failed with HTC HD7 on Windows XP

You should connect your Windows Phone 7 running HTC HD7 with your Windows XP running computer system, like you connect any other device with your PC, with the help of USB cable. You might have got the necessary compatible USB cable for your HTC HD7 mobile along with all the accessories when you had purchased the Smartphone. So, check the mobile package box and use the USB cable which you got along with your mobile. As soon as you connect you will be able to see your mobile device in the Explorer.

Thank you for that rapid response. It was very kind of you to do so. I did exactly you asked me to do. I used the USB cable which came along with the mobile and connected my HTC HD7 with the computer but nothing seems to be happening. I tried it many a times, but nothing is happening. What is the issue now? Am I missing some steps? If yes then please share the information and help me. Your suggestions are always appreciated.

Yes you are missing an important step. The problem is occurring because you have not installed the PC Suite for HTC which is used to connect and synchronize the HTC mobiles with the computer system. So you should first download the HTC PC Suite for your HD7 mobile and then install the application in your computer system. Once you have installed the HTC PC Suite, run the program and then connect your HD7 to your computer. You will find that the connection is established now.

As your HTC HD7 is a Windows Phone 7 running phone, you can even use the Microsoft Zune to synchronize your mobile with your computer. Make sure that you have installed Zune software in your system before actually trying to connect your HD7 with your computer. Follow the below steps to connect your mobile to computer using Zune.
    • Make sure that you have installed Zune Software
    • Establish the connection between your phone and your computer with the help of USB cable.
    • On connecting the mobile, the Zune software will automatically detect the device and open the windows showing the device.
    • Now let the Zune recognize your mobile device.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions and complete the connection process.

You can also connect your phone to the computer using the Wireless sync which will allow you to sync the data between your HTC HD7 phone and computer automatically by using the Wi-Fi network. Follow the below steps:
    1. Connect your mobile to the computer using the USB cable.
    2. Now go to the Zune software which is installed in your PC and navigate to the following path Settings > Phone > Wireless Sync.
    3. Make sure that you are following the on-screen instructions mentioned in the Zune software as they are.
    4. Now, disconnect your mobile phone from the PC.
    5. Now click on the all programs arrow in your HTC HD7
    6. Hit on the settings>Wi-Fi and finally tap on the Wi-Fi to turn on.
    7. Choose the Wi-Fi network and wait for the phone to get connected to the network
    8. Once the connection is established, the contents will automatically start synchronizing between your PC and phone.

Following are the steps by which you can easily sync music, videos, pictures, and podcasts to your phone:
    • Establish connection between the phone and your PC by making use of USB cable.
    • Start the Zune software and click on Collection.
    • Select the Item you wish to Sync.
    • Drag the following item in to the phone icon. You will find this icon in the lower-left corner side of the Zune application which you are running in your PC.
    • This will make the selected item to synchronize automatically.