Thread: How to replace cracked screen of Asus Eee pc T101MT

How to replace cracked screen of Asus Eee pc T101MT

Hello I have purchased asus epp pc t101mt few days back. It’s a one of the nice netbook which we can also use as the tablet pc as well. I have one problem with it. Just yesterday by mistake it sleeps from my hand. And fall on the surface of floor. When I pick it up the screen of my netbook gets some cracks over it. I want to buy new screen for it. Anyone knows from where I can get the screen for my netbook.

Re: How to replace cracked screen of Asus Eee pc T101MT

I will suggest you to go to the hardware vender from where you have purchased it. They will replace it if they have one with them. But I will suggest you to use the screen guard so the screen will be protected even when it was fallen. I think its new one. If it’s new one I will suggest to call the customer care regarding this and they will provide the solution for you. Try to visit the service center of the Asus in your location they will replace the screen of netbook. Still it’s out of the warranty you have to go to the service center .they will charge you the screen charges.

I have purchased my asus Eeeepc T101MT just two weeks ago. By mistake I have broken the screen of the netbook. I am felling really bad about it. The screen is cracked completely and I haven’t able to even start the netbook. Now I want to replace the screen. From where can I purchase the screen? I know eBay has many vendors. But how many of them are genuine. So I will never prefer to purchase the screen from the eBay. I am guessing that the glass panel over the actual screen is in the broken state. And since I have broken the screen warranty for my netbook is also not void.

If it’s out of the warranty then you can buy the screen for your model from the eBay itself there are many sellers who sells the new screens for this netbook. And you want to replace it buy yourself then there are some of the steps to do this.
    • There are screws below rubber stops. Total 4 screws on the top and 2 on the bottom.
    • Try to open it
    • Glue tape is around the bezel which you have to remove
    • After removing the bezel. Remove the power button from the back
    • You must carefully remove the white tabs from the back.
    • Now place the new screen. And do all the things in reverse order.

Thanks for providing the solution of replacing the screen. I have purchased new screen for netbook from the vendor where I have purchased it. And followed your instructions as you given. Yes the removing of the white tab is really need to be done carefully otherwise it will get broken. So I have removed it carefully. Then inserted new screen and fixed it to the actual location. After completing I have tried to start the netbook first time but it wants starts up. Then again I tried to start it and it starts on. Thanks again for providing the guidance to do this.