Thread: Will class 6 SDHC memory card improve the image and video quality in HTC HD7?

Will class 6 SDHC memory card improve the image and video quality in HTC HD7?

Hey guys I recently came across the news that different types/class of SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) memory cards are available for portable devices. So I have decided to get a class 6 type SDHC card for my HTC HD7 Smartphone. But I was having this small doubt regarding the card. I wanted to know whether this card have any effect on the picture/image or the video quality? Will the quality improve? Please help.

Re: Will class 6 SDHC memory card improve the image and video quality in HTC HD7?

Possibly the class 6 SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) memory cards won’t have any effect on your mobile phone. They will perform like any other SD cards which are compatible with your HTC HD7 Smartphone. And in no ways they will affect the quality images and videos in your HTC HD7 mobile phone. If you had asked about the updates then there might be possibility that after installing the new updates for your mobile phone’s firmware, the output quality of your mobile had increased so noticeable little amount.

Re: Will class 6 SDHC memory card improve the image and video quality in HTC HD7?

One should always remember that the data transfer speed which is required by any particular device should match up with the right SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) memory card class. This is because, it the match is perfect then the functioning of your device will be smooth and lag free. Thu if you are using the SDHC card class which differs from your device’s requirements then you will notice degradation in the normal functioning of your mobile phone.

If you are using a high definition device, like the HTC HD7 in your case which normally requires the class 6 SDHC card for its upto the mark performance and you are using some class 2 card, then you will be able to notice that the speed of recording and viewing the data stream, like the videos, pictures as you asked; will not match up with the actual transmission rate of your HTC HD7. This will lead to synchronization issues with your mobile.

I would suggest you to have a look at the specification of the memory card you planning to purchase (SDHC class 6) and your mobile (HTC HD7). This will give you the clear detail about the data transferring rate of your memory card and the data transfer rate required by the HTC HD7 mobile. And if you find both the had the same data transfer rate and are compatible with each other then you can purchase the class 6 SDHC memory card for your device.

Thank you, guys for clearing my doubt so quickly. So, now as I know that if the SDHC memory card data transfer rate is similar to the data transfer rate of my mobile, I can use that particular memory card in my mobile. This will possibly increase the performance of my device, giving me the best output. So now I wanted to know, which are the different type of memory card class available in the market. And where I can find the data transfer rate required by my HTC HD7 Smartphone? Please help me.

The speed of the data transfer varies as the device changes. The SDHC memory cards are differentiated into different classes on the basis of the “Speed Class rating.” This makes sure that the device which will be using the SDHC memory card will be able to utilize the entire capacity of the card. The SDHC memory card classes are as follow:
    SDHC Class 2: 2 MB/sec
    SDHC Class 4: 4 MB/sec
    SDHC Class 6: 6 MB/sec
    SDHC Class 10: 10 MB/sec