Thread: AT &T not recognizing Nokia X7 as a Smartphone

AT &T not recognizing Nokia X7 as a Smartphone

I purchased a new Smartphone Nokia X7. It is a symbian phone with any features such as 8MP camera, Wi-Fi, 3G, GPS and many more. But I came across a strange issue while I was accessing my cell phone. I had given AT&T the IMEI number of my new Nokia X7 few days before. But AT&T was not recognizing the IMEI as a Smartphone. I also had the unlimited data for $15.00 per month. Does anyone know why AT&T is not recognizing the IMEI as Smartphone? If yes then please help me out.

Re: AT &T not recognizing Nokia X7 as a Smartphone

I am very much confused with the issue that you have posted. I am also finding the issue very complex. Frankly speaking I haven’t solved such issues before. I also didn’t encounter such issues before this can be the reason I am finding the issue very complicated. Now I don’t think I would be able to provide you the necessary solution to overcome this. I think you need to consult some other person this time ti olsve our issue.

I am not much aware about this issue related to Nokia X7.Previously I had XM on my Sony Ericsson that included TV service on non-Smartphone. According to me those were specific services given by AT&T. I don’t even have 3G on my phone. In my phone Video streams continuously and the audio streams are average. I stopped using all those services one year ago. In major times the data is normally used through Wi-Fi. This was all about the services that I am having in my cell phone.

It looks to be an interesting issue that you have posted. Normally AT&T never has any issues while identifying the SIM. You need not worry about this issue, it will be automatically solved. You also check whether you have been charged especially for peruse bases. For that you need to verify the recent activity screen and also the account page to check you have been charged or not. This was all the information that I could suggest you to solve the issue

After reading your post now I am feeling a bit relaxed. I think I need worry about such issues. Such issues are normally due to some minor problems and will be automatically solved as suggested by you. I have also checked whether AT&T is charging me for data usage. No, they are not charging me for the data usage. I have checked that on both the recent activity screen and on the account page but the result is the same. I appreciate all the suggestions and responses given by you to overcome the issue