Thread: No NTFS Support to Nokia X7

No NTFS Support to Nokia X7

Hi friends I need help with mu Nokia X7 phone. I am using this phone from past few months but still I am not able to solve the problem. The problem is basically that I tested my USB Otg function but it was disappointed as I think that NTFS is not being supported by this phone. It does not support NTFS formats of USB sticks as well as hard drives. So is there any way to solve this problem? Please help.

Re: No NTFS Support to Nokia X7

I have the same problem. None of my memory sticks are well-suited. I have read that only FAT format suits are recognized by OTG. FAT (or FAT16) Windows 95 came out; I cannot find any way to format so that they are recognized. I also heard that also supports FAT 32, but I have not tried this before. I will definitely try this format and so I prefer that you try this FAT and hope that this solves the problem.

The Nokia X7 supports FAT32, but I read that you have problems with various USB memory devices; it seems a bit beaten and misses what works and what won’t. I can confirm my 8 GB Cruzer Micro Memory Stick formatted in FAT32 works. I'll try another brand and also one that is smaller than my current 16 GB. I've seen that all mines are USB 3.0 I do not know if that's the problem. But you can try this.

Although I am under the impression that negotiates the speed USB3.0 USB port, so USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 speeds negotiate if that is the port available. Just ran a test on the 3 sticks I have, all formatted in FAT32, 4 and 8 GB sticks (2.0) of work, but a very old 128MB stick almost 1.1 did not. Later I reformatted an external hard drive 1 TB (USB3.0) to FAT32 to see if it works. I think Nokia should solve this problem.

So now I'm one step ahead. Having tested the USB OTG and in order to have seized a 4 GB stick that really works. The guy who tested the cable told me that FAT32 is not a problem, but now the size is limited to 4 GB. This will be corrected / day with the next firmware update. I hope this will be done soon, by Nokia but you can try it for yourself and I hope it really works for you.

I've tried every format and partioning, with different sizes and nothing FAT has worked in these clubs. A friend in Frankfurt also has an X7 and has the same problem with their sticks. It would be interesting to know if this happens to everyone or if it’s just limited to Germany, for example. Maybe there are different versions of the firmware on this list? Who knows? But need some suggestions for this.

You know there are several drives that have formatted FATxx wherever applicable. Well, you can see the device, such as Western Digital 1TB External Drive which works, Nokia N95 8GB Mass Storage: work, Canon Powershot A580 digital camera: no runs, Garmin Nuvi 310 GPS: not working, Agfa photo 1GB SD Card (via digital USB HP): works, SanDisk Ultra 2 4 GB SDHC cards via HP Digital USB not working, portable CD burner Sony: unable to work, Micro USB optical mouse works but there remains a problem, SanDisk Cruzer USB Memory 8 GB is also working good. This is probably due to the HP USB drive digital SDHC card reader. Probably also due to the X7 not able to read format CD / DVD file.