Thread: Unable to access Internet using pre-installed apps in Nokia C2-01

Unable to access Internet using pre-installed apps in Nokia C2-01

Hey people, please help me, it’s urgent. Few days back, I purchased the new Nokia C2-01 mobile phone for myself. I purchased it because it has support for Internet browsing and other amazing features. But when I recently tried to access Internet through the pre-installed apps; like Facebook, Flicker etc, installed in my Nokia C2-01 mobile, I was unable to do use them. Does anyone know why I am facing this issue in my mobile? Please help by giving your quality suggestions.

Re: Unable to access Internet using pre-installed apps in Nokia C2-01

In order to access Internet using the preinstalled application in your Nokia C2-01 mobile phone, you should make sure that you have installed all the necessary internet settings in your mobile. Unless you install the necessary settings and activate some data plan/GPRS in mobile, you won’t be able to access internet in your mobile, no matter how many times you try to do it. So, visit any retailer’s shop in the nearby area where you think, you can get data plan activated in your mobile.

You should contact your Service Provider and ask the person on the other side to give you the settings by which you can activate Internet Data plan/GPRS in your mobile. You can either insert all the necessary information like the port number and access points manually or you can ask the service provider to send you the necessary settings which you can directly install in your Nokia C2-01. Call up the customer care of your service provider and follow the instructions.

Thank you, for replying so quickly to my post. Sorry for not mentioning about it in my first post. But I have already installed all the Internet settings which are required to activate the GPRS services. Also for cross checking, I contacted my service provider and they also confirmed that the data plan is activated in my mobile. But still I am unable to access the Internet and enjoy its features. Please if anyone having any other suggestions, than feel free to post them.

According to me the problem might be in your network. It might be possible that the area from where you are trying to access your Internet might not be receiving much signal and that is why you are unable to access Internet. So, I would suggest you to try accessing Internet from an open place, where you can get the maximum of network signal in your mobile. Check out that the signal strength in your mobile is full. Turn off your mobile; remove the battery, SIM card and then reinsert them and restart your mobile. Now check whether you able to connect to Internet.

I strongly feel that there is some issue with those pre-installed applications in your Nokia C2-01 mobile. You can perform Soft reset or the Hard Reset in your Nokia mobile. Performing any of these resets will completely remove the C drive of your mobile, usually the phone memory and re-install the original OS in your mobile which will be similar to when you had purchased your mobile, in out-of-box condition. But before trying that I would suggest you to check out if any new updates are available for the firmware of your mobile. If yes then install that updated firmware in you mobile.

Performing Hard Reset will void the warranty of your Nokia phone. So it is better that you don’t perform that. Rather than that if your Nokia phone is under warranty period then I would suggest you to visit the nearest Nokia Store and make an appointment with the technical staff of Nokia and get your issue checked by them. They will be able to solve the problem in the utmost correct way, without damaging anything related to your mobile.

I had same problem. The browser could access internet but some apps could not. Seems that apps use preferred access point. I needed to create an access point by menu> settings>configuration> Personal config. sett. from the options button > Add new > Access Point. Then made up an account name and put in relevant data for my access point. Then I went back to 'Personal config set' and the name I made up was listed there. I highlighted it and selected activate from the menu. Then went back to Preferred access pt. in configuration settings and selected the access point I just created.